Controllers

jonlad1

Is anyone here planning on using external controllers? USB SNES/360/PS3 controllers? Wii remote with classic controller?

That would awesome - hooked up to the TV with a Wii classic controller oh yes!

I'm planning to use my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (wireless version)
im curious if its possible to use the pandora as an auxiliary display while using tv out.
also, the ps3 drivers were already posted at the pandora file archive!

jonlad1 said:
Is anyone here planning on using external controllers? USB SNES/360/PS3 controllers? Wii remote with classic controller?

That would awesome - hooked up to the TV with a Wii classic controller oh yes!

On pre-order day, I bought two USB Sega Saturn controllers on eBay. ;)

-God Ginrai

Good thinking... It has built in bluetooth, so with the proper stack we can use the wiimote directly. I've already done a bunch with the wiimote based on a windows platform, but I bet I can apply a lot of that directly to pandora with the right libraries. Ok, that will definately be one of my pet projects... yet another reason to look forward to wiimotionplus. That's pretty awesome that ps3 drivers are already up. Man I can't wait until December.

Loswave said:
Good thinking... It has built in bluetooth, so with the proper stack we can use the wiimote directly. I've already done a bunch with the wiimote based on a windows platform, but I bet I can apply a lot of that directly to pandora with the right libraries. Ok, that will definately be one of my pet projects... yet another reason to look forward to wiimotionplus. That's pretty awesome that ps3 drivers are already up. Man I can't wait until December.

So using the Classic Controller would be a possibility too? My god, the Pandora just gets better and better - and its not even out yet!

As long as we can get the wiimote to properly pair with the pandora, and I can't imagine a scenario which would make this impossible, we should be able to use everything on or attached to the wiimote, including classic controllers. For that matter we should be able to hook up wiifit boards, I can't think of a reason why off the top of my head, but why not? Dual Shock 3s and the Sixaxis Controller are both bluetooth. I however haven't the details on the workings of the driver, so I don't know if it needs to be tethered or not.

I'll be using my wired Xbox 360 controller (that I also use on my pc) for playing goes on TV, using wiimote for either a pointer (in OS) or just motion controls for various games sounds great.

I would love to use my x-arcade controller with the pandora plugged on the tv, oooo yeah!
As it acts as a keyboard, there should be anything toi configure to get it work, brilliant.... (right?)

jonlad1 said:
Yep. I have one SNES-to-USB and one PSX/GC/DC-to-USB adapter, all ready for TV-out usage. Also, a Capcom SNES arcade stick, for whenever an arcade game emulator is released. :D

Loswave said:
For that matter we should be able to hook up wiifit boards, I can't think of a reason why off the top of my head, but why not?
Some sort of surfing/skateboarding/snowboarding game, maybe? :D

One thing I'm looking forward to is multi-player games where everyone has their own controller .. this is going to really rock! Plus, there are so many great USB things that can be plugged in easily and used now; Yes, highly underrated Griffin Powermates, I've got my eyes on you!! :)

I will definitely be using external controls. I ordered the TV cable specifically to use the Pandora as a mini emu console.

Mainly hoping to use my PS2 Hori arcade stick while hooked up to my 36" CRT. Should be a nice "authentic" console experience overall.

The idea of using newer wireless controls like the Wiimote never even crossed my mind. Very cool - if that will work then I will give it a try eventually.

I'd love to use the six-axes WIRELESSLY for comfortable retro gaming bliss. Hope someone comes up with the bluetooth support for that.

I bought an Keypad with inbuilt USB2.0 hub. I will modify it so it takes power from an extra battery tho for each individual usb slot. I have played Counter-Strike with it for the last few days and it works great!
My plan is to put it in my pocket (with an usb mouse) and the pandora in another pocket. That way I can play shooters with mouse and keyboard whenever I want to do =)

I have a 360 wireless gamepad adapter that I use on my PC. Would be perfect for Pandora as a retro gaming console if it's supported.

ttcircus said:
I would love to use my x-arcade controller with the pandora plugged on the tv, oooo yeah!
As it acts as a keyboard, there should be anything toi configure to get it work, brilliant.... (right?)
Wow! I have one of those too, never even thought of the combination X-Arcade/TV-Out! For a minute I thought, yeah, using a joystick about 50x the size of the Pandora... hehe... there goes portability! But then you said TV-Out and I'm like ... Hmm... maybe I should have gotten the cable too. (I was waiting for an answer about Line-In...)

I'll be making me usb adaptors for SNES and NES controllers and will then play these platforms on the pandora. I'll also play them with the native controls, depending on where I am and what I'm doing.

I plan on getting a DDR dance pad at some point. StepMania on the TV... wow. :)

You can use this general rule of thumb: if it works in Linux already, there's a good chance it'll work on the Pandora. (Basically, however they got it to work in Linux needs to be replicated on the Pandora. Drivers? Custom software? See if they can be ported to ARM.)

I have logitech dual action control pad which gives good performance.

To play multiplayer games how can that be done, because pandora only has one usb port.

Back