Console Not Working At All.. Out Of The Blue!

dowboy

Still Fresh
Was fiddling around configuring links in Gmenu. Connected to my pc via usb to add a few icons that I'd just downloaded to applications. For some reason it can't locate the icon I just added, so I switch of the console, switch back on and try again.

Since then, after the GP2x greeting boot screen, I just get black. One small flicker in the top left hand corner as if its about to load Gmenu, but then just black. Currently I don't have an individual card reader to see if somethings corrupted itself on the SD Card, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that this is the issue.

Anyone had anything similar? I'm sure I can't have bricked the console setting up icons, and I've tried multiple sets of batteries, so its not a power issue either..

Sounds like GMenu just isn't working

I had a similar sort of problem - when trying to add game icons to the pages it goes through the motions and then doesn't actually make an icon. Copying over the GMenu executable again somehow gets it working. It went wrong after using the 'automatically detect' feature, which didn't seem to do anything, just hang the 2X... :rolleyes:

Probably some file needed by gmenu2x got corrupted, causing gmenu2x to crash. Boot without the sd or with start+select pressed and you should be fine.
Check what file is broken with a scandisk or something, and if you can't find it, reinstall.

bomb_dog posted on Dec 10 2006 at 11:28 PM said:
which didn't seem to do anything, just hang the 2X... :rolleyes:

It's a slow process, you just have to wait...
I'll improve feedback to show that it's working in next releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure its what you said. An icon had got corrupted.. I'm just running scandisk now to try and sort it.

Hi Ryu,

Sorry, my fault. I forgot to mention that I love the frontend! The rolling-eyes icon was me messing it up, rather than a major problem with the software. I wouldn't be without it on my 2X. I must install the upgrade as well...

Back