Possibly One Of The Worst Things...

Cellsplitter

Website
Visit site
Ok, here goes...
I was stuffing my SD card full with various goddies the other day with my card reader/writer. Some how, after the second time I put the card in the reader/writer it said it couldn't delete some files... they where set in "Read only" mode :huh:... I noticed everything was set on "read only" :eek:... I know there's a switch on the SD card itself where u decide if you should be able to read & write on it or just "Read only"... when I examined the card I noticed the button was loose :ph34r: just by touching it a little it flew away :blink:... I found it and tried to put it back on and switch back to read&write mode again.... I tried like a million-gazillion times to switch it back.... nothing! It did not help at all!! I even riped the SD card open to figure out wtf the problem was.. I saw nothing in there that could remotly explain anything <_<... I just "bricked" my SD card
Well, I wasn't gonna give up, was I? Speaking of 2GB here! I put it in my GP2x and tried to copy files through the USB-mode... well what do you know? Korean devices don't give a crap about "Read only" :lol:! So (yay) it should turn out allright... but I cannot use my card reader now -_- and transfering files through the GP2x is both slow and batteri consuming :(

If it's possible for an update to make the GP2x to write faster (and with the light turned off in USB-mode) I would be happy :)

SD write protection is just a little plastic tab at the side which pushes a small metal bar in the sd card holder. You'll probably find that wrapping some tape around the card means you can write to it with your card reader.

I get the same thing with it saying the file is in read only mode, it happens when you shut down the gp2x before it finishes writing to the SD card, for instance if you are in an emulator and you just turn it off, it still has the file open. You have to boot the gp2x with that SD card and let it sit for a second then turn it off to close the file.

I've opened an 8 MB SD card, considering they're about the same thing.. material wise.. but I'd still be reluctant to open a 2GB one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back