Complete Thicko (outcast)

sbt

Call me a thicko (you're a thicko) Thanks :p

but I can't get Xenon2 loaded or Outrun. GEMs up and running but no joy with the disk images. They are .stx in the correct directory.

Start / Disk Management / B to select disk / X to choose and then quit to desktop - reset Outcast? Is that correct?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know .stx files are pasti originals which use a special type of file format. I don't think Outcast is able to understand these files currently as they have to be read in a special way (even some PC Atari emulators have difficulties with them).

Try using a .st image or .msa image (although msa's are currently not working but will be fixed soon) instead. I've had no trouble at all with the .st's though :)

Hope this helps

I've not looked into Pasti .. its a very recent thing in the Atari scene; .STT is pretty new as well and partially supported.

.ST is the way to go (and .MSA, but right now .msa is broken.)

Get .msa and .st files, and for alphas 001-003 use the .st

Xenon 2 is on Automation 133 if you're curious.

MSA should be supported soon.

jeff

There are tools to convert MSA<->ST of course as well, but hopefully I'll fix the MSA oddity very soon :)

jeff

OK, I'm a thicko too, I'm having a problem with Outcast also, and I'm sure it's very simple...

I can't seem to load any game. I have the TOS.ROM OK, and disk images, the emulator loads up fine, I insert the disk, I press X to start the emulator and all I get is a black screen with the "Firing up the emulator" message, although only on my first attempt, subsequent tries only show a black screen.

I've tried various games, redownloading Outcast, trying a different TOS.ROM, renaming it in lowercase, new batteries etc etc, any ideas? What is happening in the emu at that moment that could be at the root of it?

OK, I've solved it, it turned out ALL my TOS roms were corrupt, the backup disc I had them on had gone wierd, so I had to retrieve an old one from the good old GP32 SMC! Everything works like a charm now, great emulator!

®

Back