"command Console" On Quake

Bugblatter

Still Fresh
I remember when playing PC Quake, you could press a key combination and the command console appeared. You could then type in commands such as "noclip" to walk through walls etc.

Is there anyway to invoke this on GP2X Quake?

Yes, there is. If you go to the options menu, then hit "GO TO CONSOLE". You won't be able to type anything, however. It's completely useless to those who don't have a usb keyboard.

(why is this in Emulation?)

Megatog615 posted on Mar 25 2007 at 05:12 PM said:
Yes, there is. If you go to the options menu, then hit "GO TO CONSOLE". You won't be able to type anything, however. It's completely useless to those who don't have a usb keyboard.

Thanks. I assume it has to be a keyboard with a mini usb connector on it?

I put this in "Emulation" because I thought Quake on the GP2X was an emulation of the PC game.

Last edited by a moderator:
You use a normal usb keyboard, but you need a BoB (you can't plug devices into the gp2x's usb port, that's slave only not host). And the game isn't emulated, it's a port of the pc code.

Bugblatter posted on Mar 25 2007 at 11:27 AM said:
Megatog615 posted on Mar 25 2007 at 05:12 PM said:

Thanks. I assume it has to be a keyboard with a mini usb connector on it?

I put this in "Emulation" because I thought Quake on the GP2X was an emulation of the PC game.
See my sig under "BoB sucks" The port on the bottom is for USB. Keyboards and mice work on it.

woogal posted on Mar 25 2007 at 09:37 PM said:
You use a normal usb keyboard, but you need a BoB (you can't plug devices into the gp2x's usb port, that's slave only not host).

Thank you for that.

woogal posted on Mar 25 2007 at 09:37 PM said:
And the game isn't emulated, it's a port of the pc code.

I see.

Back