Command And Conquer 3 Or Supreme Commander ?

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
i bought supreme commander when it came out. Installed it thougth it was ok but had to put everythin on low :( and couldnt get it to work online :( But still it seemed quite good. But today i just tryed the C&C 3 demo :eek::O:O its feckin great !

Anyone else played supreme commander and the c&c demo ?i wonder if maybe the fact i cant get it to work online or the havin to put everythin to low is makin me liek c&c 3 10 times more .

I was a total anniliation nut, so I picked up SC straight away.

I just got bored after a few missions as it felt too tedious. Maybe I'm just not so hardcore. A simple C&C game would probably be better for me now.

i was into c&c the red alerts and a little into generals but this C&C 3 seems liek its goin to be amazing!

Theres somethin just not rigth about supreme commander. Actually if someone wants to buy it i might sell it :p

I gave Command and Conquer 3 a try, I thought it was pretty cool, kind of like a cross between red alert 2 and generals. What made it cool to me though, was the low specifications, meaning I can play it on low without constant lag. Whilst I'm on the subject, the game videos, they play slowly, now, this happens on most games, and I've had them working fine before, I think it's due to a certain codec or something, any suggestions there?

i wouldnt have thought a game would have problems with codecs ? I mean everythin teh game needs to run the video will be part of the game (Or Demo)

Titcher posted on Mar 4 2007 at 05:09 PM said:
I gave Command and Conquer 3 a try, I thought it was pretty cool, kind of like a cross between red alert 2 and generals. What made it cool to me though, was the low specifications, meaning I can play it on low without constant lag. Whilst I'm on the subject, the game videos, they play slowly, now, this happens on most games, and I've had them working fine before, I think it's due to a certain codec or something, any suggestions there?
What spec is your PC? Also I dont think C&C lags, i'm pretty sure it uses frame skipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
pool34 posted on Mar 5 2007 at 07:35 PM said:
I am a Starcraft fan myself but, C&C is a good game.
StarCraft is in a league of its own :')

- Alex

sam fisher posted on Mar 6 2007 at 12:24 AM said:
Titcher posted on Mar 4 2007 at 05:09 PM said:
What spec is your PC? Also I dont think C&C lags, i'm pretty sure it uses frame skipping.

Heheh, my specification is dreadful though, soon to be getting better though fortunately, I'm running an AMD 1600+ that has to be underclocked to 1Ghz to stop from freezing, I have 1.25GB of RAM, which is running slowly due to maximum speed support on the motherboard of something like 266Mhz, a geforce 5200 with 256MB of RAM built in. I mean generally the game runs fine, frame rate isn't the greatest, but there is occasional lag, where it'll freeze for a second or something.
And about the game videos, I'm quite serious on this part, it happens to me in all games, and at one point, on this same PC they were all playing nicely, and I terminate all unecessary things before starting games. And I know games should play things by themselves, but maybe a codec could improve these things? Maybe I'll try the indeo codec, and then try and g-spot some game video files see if I can grab any information, which I probably won't be able to.
Oh, and back on the subject of my crap specifications, I've played Oblivion on this PC before.

Back