Beta Comix 4.0.4

No such luck I'm afraid. It showed up in the menu but wouldn't actually run. Thanks for trying anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarlix said:
No such luck I'm afraid. It showed up in the menu but wouldn't actually run. Thanks for trying anyway!

Same here, although it did create a /comix dir in /appdata (albeit empty).

I could've tested it myself if the US Postal service would just deliver my freakin' Pandora! :D

mindlord said:
I could've tested it myself if the US Postal service would just deliver my freakin' Pandora! :D
:lol: I know what you mean.
My laptops finally losing its will to live by showing nasty motherboard faults and I refuse to buy another one with the Pandora being so close to arriving. I'm stuck at the moment and can't do anything Linux related until my Pandora gets here. I just have to keep praying that it will be here before the end of the month :)

AFAIK, this one PDF-Viewer from Pandora also has support for comic files, if you don't want to many apps on your SD. ^^

Thanks a lot Mindlord, but it still doesn't run up :( Again it appears in the menu and creates a /comix dir in /appdata, but no cheese I'm afraid.

I don't even read comics, Sarlix said they wanted it. I saw that I could probably package it as a PND, so I did... funny isn't it? :)

I figure that if you really like comics, it's nice to have a application tuned for the task.

@Sarlix, I guess it will just have to wait until I get my Pandora. Should be any day now. Possibly even this one!

fusion_power said:
AFAIK, this one PDF-Viewer from Pandora also has support for comic files, if you don't want to many apps on your SD. ^^

You mean the pdf viewer that came with the latest Hotfix? Evince or whatever it's called...I tried already and it doesn't open .cbr files.

Edit: @mindlord

np man, thanks for trying anyway!

Sarlix said:
fusion_power said:

You mean the pdf viewer that came with the latest Hotfix? Evince or whatever it's called...I tried already and it doesn't open .cbr files.
Yes, it was mentioned in the Wiki but of course this is about the PC version I guess:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evince
edit: aha - OPTIONAL support for CBR, CBZ, CB7
Sorry. ^^"

From the Wiki..

"Comic Book Archive files mainly consist of a series of image files, typically PNG (lossless compression) or JPEG (lossy compression) files, stored using one of several popular methods. The file extension indicates the archive format used:

* .cbr → RAR
* .cbz → ZIP

Rare:

* .cb7 → 7z
* .cbt → TAR
* .cba → ACE

Changing the Comic Book Archive extension to its corresponding archive format usually will allow the user to extract the image files as they would normally do with an archive (i.e. changing .cbz to .zip will allow the images to be extracted like a zip archive).

Occasionally GIF, BMP, and TIFF files are seen. The file names inside an archive are usually numbered in ascending order according to the original page number."

You might be able to get a comic book reading in Evince if you change the extension from .cbr to .rar and install unrar on the Pandora?

EDIT: Or you can extract the image files from the archive on another computer and copy them over to the Pandora. Think I've done that myself one time?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
EDIT: Or you can extract the image files from the archive on another computer and copy them over to the Pandora. Think I've done that myself one time?

I've extracted cbr files before to try and make them into a pdf, but with little success....

Your suggesting I extract them all and view individually using an image browser?

@mindlord

I tested your latest pnd but still no go :(

Sarlix said:
I've extracted cbr files before to try and make them into a pdf, but with little success....

Your suggesting I extract them all and view individually using an image browser?

@mindlord

I tested your latest pnd but still no go :(
Depending on your desktop there are some powerful tools on sourceforge for converting cbrs to pdfs, but I'm sure it's more hassle than it's worth. :p

Thanks for testing. I'll get it working once I get my Pandora. I promise. :)

Back