Beta Comix 4.0.4

Lobo said:
This is up on Pandora apps, but it doesn't work for me on a bog standard hotfix 3 Pandora.

Do we still need to download and install additional library stuff? If so, then I think it shouldn't really be up on Pandora apps as most peeps would just expect to download it and run it.
When I get around to it, I intend to add a shell script that checks for the missing ipk files and prompts to install them if they are missing. However, as most people don't seem to have any difficulty adding the required libraries, it's waaaaay down my priority list. Unless you want to create such a script & pnd file yourself? If so, go for it!!

Edit:
Actually I've just written such a script. I'll make a new pnd in the next couple of days!

Last edited by a moderator:
hdonk said:
Lobo said:
This is up on Pandora apps, but it doesn't work for me on a bog standard hotfix 3 Pandora.

Do we still need to download and install additional library stuff? If so, then I think it shouldn't really be up on Pandora apps as most peeps would just expect to download it and run it.
When I get around to it, I intend to add a shell script that checks for the missing ipk files and prompts to install them if they are missing. However, as most people don't seem to have any difficulty adding the required libraries, it's waaaaay down my priority list. Unless you want to create such a script & pnd file yourself? If so, go for it!!

Edit:
Actually I've just written such a script. I'll make a new pnd in the next couple of days!

Why don't you just add the libraries to the PND? Then it doesn't write to NAND and just works.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Why don't you just add the libraries to the PND? Then it doesn't write to NAND and just works.

-God Ginrai
Because figuring out which files are including in the ipk files, how to get them to work from the non-default directories, etc, etc... takes time and effort. Plus as they are standard packages included in the Angstrom repositories, other applications will almost certainly use them.
Here's a trial version with the package install script, if someone who hasn't done the package install before can try it, that would be great:
Comix 4.0.4 with library install script.

If sufficient people ask for it, I will spend the time investigating how to integrate all the non-installed dependencies, but it means not getting on with anything else!

I have tried this but the packages don't load.

The error message "Package check failed. Trying anyway" appears then nothing seems to happen. Sorry.

pootle said:
I have tried this but the packages don't load.

The error message "Package check failed. Trying anyway" appears then nothing seems to happen. Sorry.
Did you have an internet connection at the time ? - It should try to get the packages from the Angstrom feeds. Did it ask you for the sudo password? I'm rebuilding Firefox at the moment, when it's finished I'll try a clean image run myself.

Yeah, I got the same message. I figured it was trying to download them from the internet, but since my Pandora isn't connected to a network then it doesn't do anything obviously. Guess I'll hold off on this app till the required libs are included in the pnd, or they get added to the next hotfix.

BTW, yes, it did ask for a password at one stage.

Lobo said:
Yeah, I got the same message. I figured it was trying to download them from the internet, but since my Pandora isn't connected to a network then it doesn't do anything obviously. Guess I'll hold off on this app till the required libs are included in the pnd, or they get added to the next hotfix.

BTW, yes, it did ask for a password at one stage.
*sigh* Guess I will have to make a fully integrated .pnd file. *grumble* :)

hdonk said:
Did you have an internet connection at the time ? - It should try to get the packages from the Angstrom feeds. Did it ask you for the sudo password? I'm rebuilding Firefox at the moment, when it's finished I'll try a clean image run myself.

Yep, I was connected at the time and it did ask me for my sudo password. I entered it but then nothing happened.

I tried a few times and restarted but no luck.

hdonk said:
*sigh* Guess I will have to make a fully integrated .pnd file. *grumble* :)
Go on, you know you want to!!

Think of us poor linux newbies... ;)

I tried to open a .cbr file and got the error message "Could not find RAR file extractor" but it worked perfectly using a file of .jpgs

Well done and thanks for continuing to work on this.

pootle said:
I tried to open a .cbr file and got the error message "Could not find RAR file extractor".
Ok, I'll look at... I've moved all the paths around and probably forgot to move unrar...

pootle said:
I tried to open a .cbr file and got the error message "Could not find RAR file extractor".
Same here.

Thanks for the continued efforts

CJ

Excellent, thanks for trying it out. Will stick it on the appstore now!

Comix writes to NAND, at: ~/Applications/Settings/comix

EDIT: and at: ~/Applications/Data/comix

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Comix writes to NAND, at: ~/Applications/Settings/comix

EDIT: and at: ~/Applications/Data/comix

-God Ginrai
Ok ok, so you want your settings stored in appdata? Give a guy a break! :p Instead of a port request thread we need a Pandora localisation thread! :D

Back