Coming Soon: Low-Level Library

f-cycles

Still Fresh
Website
fcycles.blogspot.com
Hello Developpers!!!

I want to make the following announcement for all GP2X developpers:

gp2x_lowlevel_lib.jpg

Coming soon before end of july 2011, I will publish my low-level library for GP2X which includes support for:

- More than 32 TV-Out and LCD video custom mode!
- all video planes: YUV, OSD, SPU, RGB and Cursor
- Dual CPU programming
- Dual Hardware Blitters
- HID supports for : mouse, keyboard and game devices
- Non-Interlaced Legacy Video Support (stop flicker the CRT and get a solid 50/60 FPS! - perfect for 8-bit emul.)
- Customizable : 8 Megs Video Buffer + 6 Megs 2nd CPU (located on the 2nd 32-megs RAM)
- TV Close-Caption
- Clock and Power Management
- Direct Memory and I/O Access (including via the TV-OUT chip : CX25874)
- SDL Video Emulation Rendering (allowing you to test and debug on PC most GP2X HW features)
- F200 detection and touchpad support
- RGB 16-colors debug text mode (an easy way to write text information on screen)
- Pixel Color Conversion (RGB, YUY2, YUVA, ...)
- Sequential file .BMP frame dump (on PC)
and more...

I usually spend much more time working on my projects than going out on forums, twitter or any other social-network!
So, please.. spread the words, hoping to see other developper to undust their GP2X!
There are much more power in your hands than you would believe! :gp2x

Best Regards,
F-Cycles / Quebarium

Wow, cool!

Your lib has more features than I ever anticipated.
All the hardware stuff I wanted to try and the SDL emulation to test on PC.
Time to move along my old SDL ports. Makes me wanna try GP2X democoding again.

wow looks awesome, the only thing missing is hw accelerated video decoding and audio processing ussiong the second core liek the snes emu or is that included in the dual cpu programming item?
anyway can't wait to put my hands on it :p

laharl said:
wow looks awesome, the only thing missing is hw accelerated video decoding and audio processing ussiong the second core liek the snes emu or is that included in the dual cpu programming item?
anyway can't wait to put my hands on it :p

Once you can program and control the 2nd core unit, it's up to you to do whatever you want. I provide the same structure as Rlyeh's library (minimal lib) to exchange data and command between 1st and 2nd cpu. My library does not provides any audio functionnality, but will provides one sample which is using mikmod for audio.

When they mention hw accelerated video and audio processing on 2nd core, that's mean they use the 2nd core. They specify that they have put code to do video and audio tasks on it. Well, that's because an emulator have lot's of work to do on these 2 tasks. But if your software were doing intensive AI, maybe you would like to have 100% of time dedicated to AI on the 2nd core. It's really up to you to make the 2nd and 1st core do what you want them to do. After, you can advertize your product based on the feature you have put in.

F-Cycles / Quebarium

Last edited by a moderator:
Back