Columbo (colecovision Emulator) Release -- 001 Alpha :)

WhiteFalcon posted on May 6 2006 at 10:11 AM said:
Squidge posted on May 6 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
Rlyeh is still coding, but he's working on hDay now :) (fDay was gp32 only, which is now kinda pointless)

I guess this proclamation broke many GP32 owners' hearts...
you can download some of the fday emulators on his website you know (i think).

I was just there and some are available for download?

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix posted on May 6 2006 at 09:55 AM said:
DaveC -- sure, fix it up a bit... thats a pretty nice titlescreen (sorry Psymaster!)
No worries. His is much better.

skeezix posted on May 6 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
Not been working on it thaaat long, but over a long period of time as I've been beaten up lately :p The coleco is a pretty simple machine in a lot of ways (but any emulation project is tedious since you have to fiddle a lot :) A lot of components are from prior work though, such as the Z80 core (based on some Neil Bradley work) and such and the menu code is one of the Zot dialogs (same as for outcast)

If you really want to see how the speed and sound of a Coleco should be I would suggest digging out your BLU and putting Rlyeh's f-day preview on it. Use that as a reference as to how the CV should be. It really does capture the essence of a real CV. I don't know what it is but when an emu isn't right, even subtly, you can just feel that it isn't the real system. The f-day preview one is the only one that I have tried that gives you the feeling that you are playing a real CV. This makes that emu good reference material to base other emus from.

hDay? Man that guy is ambitious! Great work on the emulator btw, colecovision on the go is great!

DaveC posted on May 6 2006 at 08:05 PM said:
If you really want to see how the speed and sound of a Coleco should be I would suggest digging out your BLU and putting Rlyeh's f-day preview on it. Use that as a reference as to how the CV should be. It really does capture the essence of a real CV. I don't know what it is but when an emu isn't right, even subtly, you can just feel that it isn't the real system. The f-day preview one is the only one that I have tried that gives you the feeling that you are playing a real CV. This makes that emu good reference material to base other emus from.

Except for the terrible MESS menu (well, terrible on gp2x, nice on a PC), the Colecovision part of the MESS-Emulator for the gp2x also does feel pretty good :)

Last edited:
rokdcasbah posted on May 7 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
anyone seen coleco.com? some of the most hilarious market-speak i've seen in a while.

:lol: incredibly funny, nonsense. To keep on laughting go to the "Products" page.

virusx posted on May 10 2006 at 09:53 PM said:
rokdcasbah posted on May 7 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
anyone seen coleco.com? some of the most hilarious market-speak i've seen in a while.

:lol: incredibly funny, nonsense. To keep on laughting go to the "Products" page.

Lol I had a chuckle.
I might sell my gp2x and buy a Coleco Electronic Football game ;)

Back