Codecs

dazmanultra

OK So i've installed DivX 4.12 but that's overwritten my DivX5 stuff, so now i can't use encode because all my video files are in Divx5... any workarounds?

use Xvid to encode for GP32, you dont have to use Divx4

also I noticed when I installed AutoGordian Knot the other day that it installed an extra xvid+divx5 codec with a different 4cc code. Maybe try installing that then install divx 4.12, they should all co-exist.

Hmmm... In GPcinema, the file information shows up correctly, frame rate, resolution etc but when i press "A" the video won't play. How come?

Ohh Ohh Ohh I know I know,
I had the same problem except that my GP kept reseting after I pressed A. To solve this I :
1 - Removed all codecs and then re-installed them. To have Divx 4.12 and 5 try the Nimo codec build V5.0 Do a google search to find it.
2- Downloaded latest version of Virtual Dub 1.5.10
I then redid Toy Story and it is now watchable and excellent. Impressed the what nots with the guys at work
Hope this helps.

Someone mentioned divxpack when I had this same problem. It installs a number of different divx codecs at the same time. It should be an easy search. haven't got a link to it i'm afraid. Hope that helps. Jace

If you were to install the DivX 4.12 codec then install the DivX 5.xx codec after, video playback in windows should be decoded using the DivX 5 codec and you should still be able to encode with the DivX 4.12 codec using VirtualDub. But then again you could always just use better Windows DivX players with built in codecs to begin with ...not WMP.

Back