Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

May I ask for the GTKmm inclusion in future releases? Somebody already asked for it in this thread some months ago. I stumbled upon several apps which require it and I'm not skilled enough to handle that myself. I never managed to compile anything from source before I tried your PND Seb. Thanks to you and Ekianjo's tutorial even such compiling novice like me can finally deliver some compiled apps. Thanks again!
GTKmm, last I checked, needed gtk3 (or a very recent GLib, don't remember), but I will recheck, just to see if I can compile it anyway.

Here can i ask too:) Please can you implement a Setup Script for Users like me who want to integrate the Dev System Complete with all like Mesa GL,GCC and all other on SD Card? I use often Pandora OS on a big SD Card and would be happy when there is a Script or Setup Tool to integrate all from this PND into the entire System. That would be a great help for me and others :) Great what you have done with the Codeblocks PND, good Work :)
I'm not very comfortable with that. I'm not sure on how to handle that honestly. I think that the easiest way to do that is to

1. Start the PND (with command line)

2. Copy every thing somewhere

3. Quit command line (and with clean_umount, it cleanly unmount).

4. Make a link from your copied folder to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks

5. add most of the export from runcli.sh to your .bashrc

But that's ugly.

Problem is I hardcoded many things to "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks", so it works well inside the PND. But, as a side effect, it doesn't work so well outside the PND. For example, I changed all the .pc files (in /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/pkgshare) to point to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib instead or /usr/lib (that's just an example).

Sorry for my lame question but how/where can one add own libraries that are i.e. required by the software I'm trying to compile with configure?

I've tried things like

./configure <custom_args> LDFLAGS="-L<path_to_my_lib_folder>" LIBS="-l<required_lib>"

Is there a way to add the libraries somewhere into the codeblocks folder which is available during compile process?

Edit: Why do I want this? Sometimes the libraries are already compiled for ARM and available on the internet and my humble experience is that these can be attached to apps so I hope they can satisfy compilers too.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the codeblocks PND is running from an Ext2 parition, than simply put libs in /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib and .h in /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include

If you have a ".pc" file (for pkgconfig), adapt it (to point to codeblocks, with mousepad, Geany, or whatever you want) and put it in /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/pkgconfig

If codeblocks is running from a FAT32, you will not have write permission in thoses folder, but the folder /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/local (with subfolder /lib and /include) should work (but I haven't tested that new function much, so not completly sure it works well).

Goode luck !

May I ask for the GTKmm inclusion in future releases? Somebody already asked for it in this thread some months ago. I stumbled upon several apps which require it and I'm not skilled enough to handle that myself. I never managed to compile anything from source before I tried your PND Seb. Thanks to you and Ekianjo's tutorial even such compiling novice like me can finally deliver some compiled apps. Thanks again!
I have compiled GTKmm 2.20. Is this version enough, or do you need newer v3?

Thanks for your effort ptitSeb! Anything above GTKmm 2.4 should be ok, this is the version being required by apps in my focus. But to be more future-proof you can go as high as possible :)

BTW, I was running codeblocks.pnd from FAT32 card. Moved it over to my main ext3 card and then I finally could copy the libs and they were recognized during the configure/make. Thanks!

Ok I'm having a problem, Whenever I try to compile anything it errors not finding libmpc.so.3

I typed my password in correctly at the prompt and it showed "Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ..."

I'm stumped.

Also When I do "sudo ldconfig -f /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/init/ld.so.cfg" It just says "Bus Error" and does nothing.

Same thing after reboot

I am sorry, I asked for QT, but I just installed pandian and installed all the libs i needed :( . Sorry seb but thank you for you work.

Ok I'm having a problem, Whenever I try to compile anything it errors not finding libmpc.so.3

I typed my password in correctly at the prompt and it showed "Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ..."

I'm stumped.

Also When I do "sudo ldconfig -f /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/init/ld.so.cfg" It just says "Bus Error" and does nothing.

Same thing after reboot
What is your the version of your firmware? Are you using SuperSaxxon or another distrib?

No luck, same error after upgrade to SZ 1.54
Deleted appdata directory and reboot, and I still get the same error.

Could it be a corrupted download?
I have the latest codeblocks pnd (1.0.5.09) here is the md5sum of the pnd: d5c532341317d7081012a70d69604164

I may just have to do a full re-flash of SZ 1.54 (I installed from the newest upgrader pnd)

I confirm what TrashyMGw wrote, official codeblock build 09 release md5sum is: 530f891a16ab07c134c6fc89d8091482

Sorry, you have to download a gigabyte of data...

I can provide rsync / zsync access to PNDs including code::blocks.

Haven't set it up yet but it should be easy enough.

Large PNDs usually rsync very well between versions, because squashfs compresses each block separately.

I can provide rsync / zsync access to PNDs including code::blocks.

Haven't set it up yet but it should be easy enough.

Large PNDs usually rsync very well between versions, because squashfs compresses each block separately.
That would be great actually, I'm still having problems getting codeblocks from the repo.

I suspect server problems since I've been downloading from a completely different location.

I'm still having problems getting codeblocks from the repo.

ok, try this:

zsync -i codeblocks.pnd http://a2.pandoria.org/zsync/codeblocks.pnd.zsync
Run it in the right folder with the pnds on a Linux PC.  The -i flag points to your existing downloaded pnd, it's not needed if it has the same name each time.

I was mistaken about rsync, can't set up rsync on that server.  I guess zsync is better for this, anyhow.

If you don't have a Linux PC, I can build zsync for Pandora and put it in a pnd.  Will have a go at doing that later.

It would be good to add zsync to the codeblocks PND, too! 

I'm building the zsync files for other PNDs, they will show up here:  http://pandoria.org/zsync/

Back