Code::Blocks with C/C++ Compiler

Are you near finished with this PND yet? I don't want to upgrade a 1GB PND if you're going to update it again sometime in the next year.

This made me chuckle. Not that I don't understand completely. Hell, it was only until recently I was capped on data from my ISP.

Has any progress been made on making it a modular PND?

Did you say Allegro 5.1.5 and Irrlicht were in here? Last time I tried to compile an Allegro 5.1.5 app, it failed, but I really need to have another look
Both Irrlicht (the one used for STK) and Allegro 5.1.5 (with experimental hardware acc. support) will be in the next release of code::blocks.

I haven't progress on making this PND modular for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, thanks. One last question (for now ;) ), which version of Irrlicht have you built?

I like how you're building my preferred libraries, now if I can just get around to doing something with them :p

Okay, thanks. One last question (for now ;) ), which version of Irrlicht have you built?

I like how you're building my preferred libraries, now if I can just get around to doing something with them :p
It is Irrlicht 1.8.0, the ogl-es branch (only es1 works for now, es2 only gives garbage on screen)

I've not looked at 1.8 yet, but I'll probably start moving some of my code scraps across. Thanks

Really nice project, and probably record in size on the repo :)

I tried SFML 2.0, simple test app. test #1) Just draw single sprite on black (no) background and move with dpad.  test #2) mix with standard OpenGL code (not GLES) and draw with GL_QUADS to fill background with gradient color.

Painfully slow in both cases, but working on the pandora which is very cool by itself. I'm assuming it's software rendering only. Is there a way I can have playable speed at this point? Something to modify in my code or linking process?

Really nice project, and probably record in size on the repo :)

I tried SFML 2.0, simple test app. test #1) Just draw single sprite on black (no) background and move with dpad.  test #2) mix with standard OpenGL code (not GLES) and draw with GL_QUADS to fill background with gradient color.

Painfully slow in both cases, but working on the pandora which is very cool by itself. I'm assuming it's software rendering only. Is there a way I can have playable speed at this point? Something to modify in my code or linking process?

I suppose you could load the OpenGL lib that's kicking around.
I haven't tried linuxbosch's OpenGL lib with SFML 2.0. But yes, by default, SFML is Software rendered on the Pandora. No GLES support for it for now (or mayby lb'opengl works with this lib).

You can try the standard optims for pandora (and avoid double as much as you can, stick to float):

Code:
-mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -Ofast
but software rendering is slow, no mater the optims you put in.

I needed to compile SDL_mixer 1.2.12 for Widelands.

Can you include it on next release?

When are you thinking of releasing next? I've been working on an Allegro 5.1.5 project, and am interested to see how it performs on the Pandora

When are you thinking of releasing next? I've been working on an Allegro 5.1.5 project, and am interested to see how it performs on the Pandora
Well, both Irrlicht and Allegro are not in the shape I wanted (mouse is not right in Allegro, I might try to fix that first, and both libs are missing RenderToTexture), but I can probably do a release. It's just a 1Go of PND, a small thing ;)

I'm far off a "playable game", so there's no rush :) I'll just check Pandora compatibility when it's ready. Cheers

Wouhoo, GCC 4.8.0 final is out !!!

Time to some loooong compile.

I think I won't release a new codeblocks PND before I succeed upgrading the compiler.

So, I expect the new release of codeblocks to feature, at least:

GCC 4.8.0

Allegro 5.1 Hardware accelerated (experimental)

Irrlicht 1.8.0 with OGLES1 (OGLES2 doesn't work)

Ogre3D 1.8.0 with OGLES1 (maybe GLES2 if I can fix the creation of the EGL context taht still doesn't works).

Now you have to rebuild everything with gcc 4.8 so it takes advantage of possible new optimization featurez...  get to it!   :)

and SDL_sound ... haha not very demanding, are we.  You could try keeping a TODO list in the first post...

May I ask for the GTKmm inclusion in future releases? Somebody already asked for it in this thread some months ago. I stumbled upon several apps which require it and I'm not skilled enough to handle that myself. I never managed to compile anything from source before I tried your PND Seb. Thanks to you and Ekianjo's tutorial even such compiling novice like me can finally deliver some compiled apps. Thanks again!

Here can i ask too:)
Please can you implement a Setup Script for Users like me who want to integrate the Dev System Complete with all like Mesa GL,GCC and all other on SD Card?

I use often Pandora OS on a big SD Card and would be happy when there is a Script or Setup Tool to integrate all from this PND into the entire System.

That would be a great help for me and others :)

Great what you have done with the Codeblocks PND, good Work :)

Back