Clonekeen Plays Dreadfuly Slow

stonestn

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Not a complaint I understand every emulator etc is in alpha/beta. Ive been toying off and on with clonekeen for the past few days and no matter what I set the framerate at it is unplayable just is choppy and slow was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I also understand this is like comparing apples to oranges but one would think since commander keen required a computer to be 10 - 33 mhz and around if I am not mistaken 4 megs of ram to play right that a handheld with as much power as the wiz would be able to atleast run it at full speed is kind of shocking that its not.

stonestn posted on May 26 2009 at 06:05 PM said:
Not a complaint I understand every emulator etc is in alpha/beta. Ive been toying off and on with clonekeen for the past few days and no matter what I set the framerate at it is unplayable just is choppy and slow was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. I also understand this is like comparing apples to oranges but one would think since commander keen required a computer to be 10 - 33 mhz and around if I am not mistaken 4 megs of ram to play right that a handheld with as much power as the wiz would be able to atleast run it at full speed is kind of shocking that its not.
yeah i dont know why, maybe the gp2x hw blitter makes that much of a difference, anyway use clonekeenplus its much faster and it much newer fork of clonekeen. You can find it on the archive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle, maybe now, that youz wiz is on par with a retail (FW 1.0.0) you can see if the clonekeen+ works on it, this way i know if it's me and stupidity or the FW, why it doesn't work on my wiz (keeps hnaging in loading screen)

Thx

Back