This Snes Emupator Is Bonkers!

Nixot

Still Fresh
I download DrPocketSnes for my GP2X wiz, and was shocked to discover millions of graphical errors in the games - pirahna plants are invisible in Super Mario World, Starfox runs really slow with echoey repeaty sound, Yoshi's Island runs abysmally choppy, and all of the games's sound is really unbalanced! Is there any way I can fix these problems? Is there a better emulator I might use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, Ooooops, I meant to write "Emulator", not "Emupator"! Sorry!

Also, how do I run command line arguments?

You write little text scripts that call the application along with arguments, example on the wiki.

Not sure what version you got there, but while there are some graphical glitches in Yoshis Island when picking up coins, its far from being "abysmally choppy" in game.
Things will improve over time. If you cant wait you better hook a TFT to your SNES and carry that around :)

By now, the emulator doesn't emulate the FX Chip used in Starfox, Yoshis Island 2 and other games.

And to see the piranha plants, get into the settings menu and set Transparencies to on.

Passy said:
And to see the piranha plants, get into the settings menu and set Transparencies to on.

Wow! Doing so fixed many glitches that happened! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nixot said:
Passy said:

Wow! Doing so fixed many glitches that happened! Thanks a lot!
No problem, dude, but pay attention, it slows down some games (like F-Zero and other Mode-7 games).
Turn it off then or overclock the Wiz (you can simply adjust the CPU clock in the menu aswell, around 650 is always good. And no worries, the Wiz won't die from overclocking, its CPU turns itself off when it's getting too hot.).

shinneri said:
Yes. Overclocking is essential. Remember to do that.
How do I overclock my Wiz? I just got it today and don't want to break it...

Quoting myself:
Passy said:
(...)
(you can simply adjust the CPU clock in the menu aswell, around 650 is always good. And no worries, the Wiz won't die from overclocking, its CPU turns itself off when it's getting too hot.).
You can adjust the CPU clock in almost every application, just search through the app-menus (not the Wiz menu!)

Passy said:
Quoting myself:
Passy said:
(...)
(you can simply adjust the CPU clock in the menu aswell, around 650 is always good. And no worries, the Wiz won't die from overclocking, its CPU turns itself off when it's getting too hot.).
You can adjust the CPU clock in almost every application, just search through the app-menus (not the Wiz menu!)

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant universally overclock the Wiz as you would do a PC. :{

I found the clock speed in the settings before you told me - I set it to the maximum and played Starwing and everything went black... so I left it at 540 forever. But 650 is good too. Thanks for clearing that up.

I overclock my snes games to about 800mhz with transparencies on. Most games that aren't mode 7 intensive run fullspeed. Just games that use special chips like the fx chip are still slow. Overclocking will not really damage your Wiz, just possibly shorten it's life span. However it will take years to do that. So it's safe to overclock. I overclock my GP2X to 280mhz all the time for almost the past 4 years. Still works like a champ!

geise69 said:
I overclock my snes games to about 800mhz with transparencies on. Most games that aren't mode 7 intensive run fullspeed. Just games that use special chips like the fx chip are still slow. Overclocking will not really damage your Wiz, just possibly shorten it's life span. However it will take years to do that. So it's safe to overclock. I overclock my GP2X to 280mhz all the time for almost the past 4 years. Still works like a champ!

Actually, overclocking won't damage a thing, it's overvolting that you have to worry about. :eek:

Check my thread in general discussion to see how the battery does when overclocked.

Back