Clear Wimax Devices

Miv

Still Fresh
Clear USB Modems

Not sure how big WiMax is around the US, but it would be nice to get some drivers for the USB Modems (beats carrying around a mobile WIFI station that needs charged)

I have no experience with creating drivers and the forum search didn't return anything helpful other than drivers for the Intel On-Board WiMax device. So I am just posting this as a suggestion/request/hope.

I agree, especially since CLEAR is coming to my area sometime soon. I have no idea if anyone has done ANY work at all on linux drivers in general for CLEAR devices... will do some research and post if I find anything. If there is ANYTHING out there in linux land, a port or recompile should be possible.

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
I agree, especially since CLEAR is coming to my area sometime soon. I have no idea if anyone has done ANY work at all on linux drivers in general for CLEAR devices... will do some research and post if I find anything. If there is ANYTHING out there in linux land, a port or recompile should be possible.

I talked to CLEAR's sales support and they told me the WIFI station's don't work with linux and you have to install software to use them, I have a feeling the tech was an idiot though.

Last edited by a moderator:
most techs are unaware of a devices linux support because they are only trained in the windows (and maybe mac) support of devices... and their knowledge is very limited in that, which makes no sense. But most companies run successfully in ways that don't make sense, so I just let it be. Once you get a device name and model, you should be able to google whether or not it will work with Linux. I know most of the samsung GSM USB devices work with Linux by default, but they are not WiMAX devices, so CLEAR is currently no guarantee. Granted, I'm sure that plenty of people will band together to get Linux up to speed with CLEAR devices pretty quickly... once at least one of us has it in our hands and decides to get it working with Linux.

Back