Can't run fMSX

Melville

Just got fMSX from this site and copied to GPMM, put roms in GPMM\MSX (as described in readme).

When I launch fMSX, a box appears onscreen saying "please wait checking folvers" or something similar (usually accompanied by a vertical line of black pixels somewhere on screen). Nothing happens after this, although the message slowly fades away (although _much_ slower than if the power had gone off - takes a few minutes to be really noticable). Anyone else had this problem / know what's causing it?

The batteries are freshly charged, buit I doubit it's them as everything else on my SMC runs normally.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I have no idea what the problem is although I've heard of it before (I've never had it). The only possibility I can think off right now is in my gpmm\msx\ directory fmsx created a subdirectory called SNAP. Perhaps try creating that manually in case its choking on that. Other than that good luck, hope you get it working as the emu's great!

Ahwell, maybe you got a lot of roms in your folder... I had to wait 5 minutes when I first ran it...

Ran the smc recovery thingy through the original o/s, no errors found/repaired. Tried to run fMSX again and left if (somewhere in excess of fifteen minutes) and the screen is now a uniform darkish grey... guess that's long enough :).
Think I'll just format my SMC (been meaning to for a little while anyway - all kinds of junk on there!) and try again.

Thanks for the advice though.

Evildragon - Only got three roms in the folders, so I doubt it's that!

Have fun,
Melville

Just reformatted SMC, installed fMSX and a few other things (fNes, GPPang, Moviepark, obviously freelauncher). Ran fMSX (from GPMM), left it for about 15/20 min now. Again, nothing happened, just the screen faded to look dirty grey. I have two game roms on the card, one in a directory GPMM\\MSX1 (An MSX1 game) and GPMM\MSX2 (An MSX 2 Game - surprised? ). Any suggestions?

BTW, what should I be expecting to happen when the process completes?

Last edited by a moderator:
It should work ok... so far your gp32 is the only unit which never gave fmsx an attempt

Are you sure your .fxe is not corrupt? It sounds odd to me.

Download it from www.retrodev.info

If you want a deeper help drop me an email and we'll try to look for the bug, if any ;)

Note: it should delay about 10 seconds for 300 roms

Back