Citrix

mattster

Still Fresh
a bit of an odd one but i was wondering if citrix will run on the pandora? this could be very usefull for me to use on the road for work. obviosly the games would be ace too :)
also does the browser support multiple windows/tabs?

mattster said:
a bit of an odd one but i was wondering if citrix will run on the pandora? this could be very usefull for me to use on the road for work. obviosly the games would be ace too :)
I wouldn't plan on getting too much work done on it. The screen is very small, even though it's high resolution. The Pocket pc's that are 640x480 are very hard to read at that resolution for more than short amounts of time.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
mattster said:

The browser is Firefox, so yes it will support multiple tabs and windows. As for Citrix, I'm not sure. I remember researching it one time and I know that they have ARM ports for WinCE. I'll check real quick for a linux ARM port...

UPDATE:

Yes, there is an ARM port for linux from Citrix located here. Now the question is if it is compatible with the Cortex-A8 (which I think it would be).

I'd go for VNC, personally, if you can install the back-end on the remote host. That's probably what I'll be doing, unless they have a Remote Desktop Client. Tried the RDC on my wife's iPod Touch. The lack of a keyboard and the size of the screen made it pretty much unusable to me.

sverm said:
I'd go for VNC, personally, if you can install the back-end on the remote host. That's probably what I'll be doing, unless they have a Remote Desktop Client. Tried the RDC on my wife's iPod Touch. The lack of a keyboard and the size of the screen made it pretty much unusable to me.

If Mattster is like me I don't have a choice of what corporate uses for remote connectivity.. I too am a little curious on Citrix as well.

Back