1) for his knowledge of GP32/GP2X
2) for his good temper and way of dealing with flaming/aggression etc.
3) he is one of the good old devs who is still active on the boards
4) good command of english
5) reliability and open-mindedness
Yet the question always is the time for that, which in case of devs is even more imminent than for other people
NOTE: This is not ass-licking, repeating, this is NOT ass-licking
are you disqualified if you suggest yourself? i vote torpor.
he's level-headed, doesn't take crap, and knows when someone is being stupid, un-knowledgeable, or just plain flame-headed .. and either way, is able to calm down most foolishness with a bit of common sense. he also doesn't mind helping earnest newbies, and is as well respectful of the learned wisdom of his hacking peers.
also, he's very good looking, and great fun at parties.
I'm going to do something very out of character and say I think I'd be OK at the task (sorry, Axeman )
I have the following attributes:
1. I have a reasonable amount of time (save for attending to my 3.5 year old baby girl ), I'm in Oz, so in a different timezone so I can "take out the garbage" when you northern hemisphere folk can't )
2. I'm eminently sensible, even though I own 3 GP32's and one GP2X (until my next one )
3. To date, I have been rather quiet on the forums, but would absolutely take my responsibility seriously and adopt the role I needed to do to do an effective job
4. I love this community
5. I take direction well, so whatever Hando says, Hando gets (within limits of course, there are certain things I won't do )
6. Dave C sh*ts me to tears on the one hand, but I love the guy and I love his commitment and passion for the community
7. Most of all, I love my GP32 & GP2X, I think the community is great, and you could rely on me to do the absolutely best I could to help keep this community the place I love to visit each and every day
OK, enough of my sh*t, arguably pathetic, but I feel better now
vimacs, skeezix and squidge (if they have time for it).
And of course: Me,
- I have been here for quite some time now
- I have a lot of patience with newbies
- I do not have a lot of patience with spammers
- I have got quite some knowledge of using the gp32
- Im here every day
Me, because I'm okay in moderation
Plus, I can speak proper English (yeh bruvaz init)
I watch the forums like a hawk
I'm hypnotised by gp32x, thus me being here every day
I knows it handheld style
I AM YOUR SISTER
But are we looking at the newsposty kind (you and ED), or the spammy kind chatbox crew (rico and kknd_cf)
Teco Lou, Vimacs (I don't see a problem with him )
I'm a good candidate as well, though I have only been here since November or thereabouts. I have a lot of expereince moderating boards, I have moderated about three, but all of them have died due to lack of interest. I am knowledgeable about publishing online content, and am quite familiar with the TOS that comes with every board. I am currently being asked to be a mod for the Boba Fett Fan Club's new boards, as well as an editor for thier online content. I am here every day, and am not going anywhere anytime soon!
But I'm not expecting anything. Hell, I've been banned once! Other than here, though, I've never been banned from any of the numerous boards I have contributed to. I've also been asked to be the co-author so-to-speak of a Linux group at the Evergreen State College.