cheap projector

Don't cheap out on projectors. It is one of the best purchases I ever made. Watching tv shows and movies on 120 inches of goodness is simply amazing.

"Native Resolution: 320 x 240"

Thats it, i am out.
Me, too.
I don't think there will be a difference between watching on the projector and watching on the actual device (come on, even my phone is 1920x1080)

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be that bad, in one pic the dolphins look like they are about to swim up the rainbow that is the light being projected.  Maybe it just does 3D and that is how they depict it, but that rainbow feature might be nice for people that are into rainbows.

Chinese projectors are starting to become interesting right now, but the one you linked it is not a good example of that. Search for Unic uc40, it has a decent relation between price and specs and it is actually worthy

I've bought an Acer K10 used for about 160€ (LED, lowish lumens, 800x600), then an Optoma HD131Xe new for 600€ (classic lamp, high lumens, 1920x1080).

The Acer was quite cool already but only useable in total darkness and with a projection size not too huge.

Native 320x240 is pretty abysmal, most likely the lamp brightness you would need to use it in a completely dark room. 

Old FullHD LCD projectors are selling for nothing, i got one for 35€ and put a 15€ bulb in it. Lets say that is roughly twice the price over your firstpost alternative, but its a different product whereas 320x240 is more of a proof of concept.

For the best bang for a buck, check HTP LED86+

It is one of the best Chinese LED Projectors

http://www.htp.com.cn/English/

LED-86+ (1280*800)

Contrast:2000:1

Brightness:3000 Lumens

Native resolution:1280*800 , support 1080p;

EDIT: Also, it is PWM Free :)

Don't cheap out on projectors. It is one of the best purchases I ever made. Watching tv shows and movies on 120 inches of goodness is simply amazing.
What are you using. I am also planning to get a good LED projector. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those images are hilarious.
Well, they have to show you what it can do.  It isn't like you can actually see the wonders that the projector can create unless you actually have it.  

You are right, of course.  I have no idea what that child is doing.  The people make it all odd.

DaMummy, on 18 Jul 2015 - 12:47 PM, said: Don't cheap out on projectors. It is one of the best purchases I ever made. Watching tv shows and movies on 120 inches of goodness is simply amazing.   What are you using. I am also planning to get a good LED projector.  
ViewSonic Pro8200 

Back