Charging The Unit

raul

Still Fresh
Is it normal that when I plugged it in to charge, nothing happens? I mean no light led, or if the pandora is on I don't see any signals of it being charged.

mali said:
Does the battery meter show 00:00 when you plug in the charger?
yeah, is that the change I should be looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your charging LED might be broken then. You could try reflashing to see if it's a software fault.
(edit: Only reflash after checking the usual stuff e.g. taking out the battery for a while and plugging it back in(you must detach the charger cable/USB cable first before inserting the battery!))

I'll do that. to me it looks like its not even charging, I'm in the US and I bought an adaptor, and it feels really clumsy. I will try with my psp charger later, I just hope the faulty issue is the charger and not the pandora

When the battery meter switches from showing remaining battery life to 00:00, it indicates that it's charging. If the PSU was broken, it wouldn't do this. To be sure just let it stay plugged in for a while and compare the percentage left.

My unit has a fiddly plug. If I move my Pandora around a lot while I have it plugged in the charger has a tendency to disconnect, and if I'm not watchful, it will appear to be plugged in, but will be ever so slightly out of the socket. I've "put my Pandora to bed" several times and not noticed that the plug had worked its way loose. I've learned to give it an extra little "tucking in". :)

Seriously though, I plan on ditching this charger as soon as I can find an official Sony PSP one cheaply enough. The chord is just too short, and the Euro adapter doesn't fit tightly enough and is awkward to use in the US, to say the very least.

Back