Chaotic Vortex - Dual Stick Arena Shooter

ruben

Still Fresh
Hi!

Been lurking around for a long time waiting for the Pandora to come out! Anyway, I wanted to share with you guys the game I'm currently working on. It's a dual stick arena shooter that I think will really fit the Pandora's dual stick controller. Here's a screenshot:

cv400x300.png

The PC version will be released soon. The Pandora version should come out pretty much as soon as I can get my hands on one! :)
Keep checking my blog for the latest info. I can also post to this thread.

Have fun!

Looking good. Between this and emulated Smash TV, I should have hours of dual-stick goodness to play.

Looks interesting! Is this going to be something like Geometry Wars?

Edit: nm, found it on your site, "I won’t hide there’s some inspiration in Geometry Wars, but hey….every idea is based on some other, even if it’s not so obvious." ... so true. Looking forward to it. :)

If you send me a beta of this I will make a high-quality Youtube video of it for you so I can play it before everyone else everyone can get a sneak peek at the gameplay!

Excellent! Is this a GridWars sort of thing? I love those kinds of games, being a Shooter fan (mostly) myself.. hope it'll get released soon .. what about a Wiz port in the meantime?

torpor said:
Excellent! Is this a GridWars sort of thing? I love those kinds of games, being a Shooter fan (mostly) myself.. hope it'll get released soon .. what about a Wiz port in the meantime?

Yeah it's in the same genre, though it will have some neat bombs to use. May do a Wiz port just for the fun of it, but this kind of game really screams for dual analog control. Which incredibly in the world of consoles, only the pandora has!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all replies, guys. This bedroom coder appreciates that! :rolleyes:

This looks awesome! Can't wait for it to hit Pandora! (still waiting for the Pandora to hit my house though. ;) )
This might end up being one of my favorite games on the system! Keep up the good work, Ruben! :)

ruben said:
Thanks to all replies, guys. This bedroom coder appreciates that! :rolleyes:
Why does "bedroom coder" sound dirty to me?

Homebrew using the dual nubs will make us very happy. There will be something so jena se qua about playing a game from this forum on the Pandora using the unique control system which exists because the forum wanted it.

Yeah, like the look of this. If you need any extra music tracks drop me a pm and I'll stick a few together. : )

S-r-ex said:
So this is a bullet hell, like the Touhou series, or something?
ruben said:
I won’t hide there’s some inspiration in Geometry Wars, but hey….every idea is based on some other, even if it’s not so obvious.

Back