Cave Story

crow_riot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
1,763
Location
.at
Link missing?

The GP2X version works through GINGE flawlessly.

*edit*
I'll test it as soon as i get home.
 

Oncer

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
168
Age
32
Website
Visit site
Sorry, attachment didn't work the first time. Should be there now. It's a native port with improved music playback.
The GP2X version works through GINGE flawlessly.
Uhm, yes. This is one of the reasons why I see no problem anymore releasing this. I don't have a WIZ so I don't know which works better. Please let me know.
 

crow_riot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
1,763
Location
.at
Simon Parzer said:
Sorry, attachment didn't work the first time. Should be there now. It's a native port with improved music playback.
The GP2X version works through GINGE flawlessly.
Uhm, yes. This is one of the reasons why I see no problem anymore releasing this. I don't have a WIZ so I don't know which works better. Please let me know.
Just played a few minutes, works very well. Thanks for the native version, I really appreciate that.

A few things that i noticed:

The buttons on the pause screen show "ESC", "F1" and "F2", but i remember on the gp2x/ginge version it shows the correct button texts.

Another "issue", maybe you've heard about the tearing issue of the wiz? If you'd link dynamically to libSDL we could exchange the SDL library with a modified version that circumvents this issue: binary, source.

I've also tried loading my previous save state from the ginge version (where i was just before the final fights - and gave up after several tries;)), but that didnt work. Though it seems that the Profile.dat was the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,426
Age
45
Location
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Tried it out and don't have any real problems to point out. No glitches or slow downs, saves fine and sound/volume control works great. Thanks alot for this awsome game, definitely a cult classic!!!

Now get ready to be inundated by port requests from Caanoo users! ;)
 

crow_riot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
1,763
Location
.at
@simon: i've re-copied the save state from the ginge version and synced sd card and what not, but now the save state loads fine. so the only really minor issue are the misnamed buttons in the pause dialog.

*edit*
and i still did not kill the final bosses <_<
 

RupeeClock

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
394
Hey, I thought Cave Story on Gp2X was closed source?
Does this mean you used the original source to port this to Wiz? That's cool.

...And yes, I'd totally appreciate a Caanoo port, I wonder what'll happen first though, that, or GINGE for Caanoo?
 

indask8

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
23
Works perfectly on Wiz and... on Caanoo thanks to notaz's Ginge.

Now we can play Cave Story on almost every gamepark console.
 

rex303

Still Fresh
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
73
thanks, I was also able to copy over my save from the cave story linux ersion and had no problems.
 

Reo

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
201
RupeeClock said:
Hey, I thought Cave Story on Gp2X was closed source?
Does this mean you used the original source to port this to Wiz? That's cool.
Simon ported the GP2X version. It's very likely that he used modified GP2X sources.

crow_riot said:
The buttons on the pause screen show "ESC", "F1" and "F2", but i remember on the gp2x/ginge version it shows the correct button texts.
Switch "textbox.pbm" from the GP2X data folder with the Wiz version.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top