Cave Story For Caanoo?

ColdRush

Still Fresh
I haven't received my Caanoo yet (should be here tomorrow/wed) but I've been looking forward to playing Cave Story and I'm wondering if there is a version ported to Caanoo yet, or if the Wiz version works with Caanoo.

Thanks

You'll have to wait until notaz ports ginge I'm afraid. All ports not completed were halted on pixels request after the wiiware port was announced.

redlemon said:
You'll have to wait until notaz ports ginge I'm afraid. All ports not completed were halted on pixels request after the wiiware port was announced.

Does that mean there is no chance of Cave Story for Caanoo?

I am extremely disappointed then. It looked like such a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that there's no chance, just not for the time being. And yes it is great.

redlemon said:
It's not that there's no chance, just not for the time being. And yes it is great.

Do you know if Ginge is working for Caanoo? I was reading about it and if it does then you can use it to play Cave Story.

No, Ginge isn't working yet. If you really need to play it, download it for free for the PC.

SolarLune said:
No, Ginge isn't working yet. If you really need to play it, download it for free for the PC.

I want to play it on my Caanoo, nothing better than breaking in the new hardware with a great game.

notaz did mention that he wanted to release ginge before the end of 2010 but he just had a lot of other projects on his plate so hopefully it will be released soon.

Well the Wiz doesn't have it's own port of Cave Story, only the GP2X does. It's only playable through Ginge, so like redlemon said, that will be the the best chance of playing it on the Caanoo. That or if someone ports NX Engine like Zear did for the Dingoo.

if someone doesn't want for ginge to happen, there's - http://nxengine.sourceforge.net/ ... found it on http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,474 - so definitely be portable.

Okay, so I messaged Notaz about Ginge for Caanoo and here's what he said:

Hi,

yeah I still plan to do it but I'm focusing on PSX project right now and I hate doing multiple projects at a time.

There's still hope!

jduranmaster said:
Cave Story is playable on wiz through ginge. Has anyone test it on Caanoo?

IIRC it works. theres a thread around where they wrapped ginge around it and made it just to launch out of the caanoo's menu...
and a nice title image was also done
title.png

yeah. cavestory works for ginge. you can go to handheldgames.org and look in the gp2x section.
it pretty fun. i just beat the 5 boss. but my gp2x caanoo broke.....

Back