Cave Story For The Dingoo

So how come it's called nxengine, and not Cave Story for the Dingoo? I mean, it's been ported to the PSP and GP2X, yet the original name's been kept. Also, why is there no music support?

rolling_haro said:
So how come it's called nxengine, and not Cave Story for the Dingoo? I mean, it's been ported to the PSP and GP2X, yet the original name's been kept. Also, why is there no music support?
It's called nxengine because it's not an official port, rather it's an engine reimplementation that works pretty well. I'm not sure how it happened. The other two ports are made with official source code with permission from Pixel. The lack of music is probably because it's a beta version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reo said:
rolling_haro said:
It's called nxengine because it's not an official port, rather it's an engine reimplementation that works pretty well. I'm not sure how it happened. The other two ports are made with official source code with permission from Pixel. The lack of music is probably because it's a beta version.

So Pixel never gave the OK to port Cave Story to the Dingoo?

sebt3 said:
rolling_haro said:
Pixel doesnt respond to anybody theses days...

Ah, I take it he's pissed off about Nintendo butchering his game huh? :lol:

rolling_haro said:
sebt3 said:
rolling_haro said:
Pixel doesnt respond to anybody theses days...

Ah, I take it he's pissed off about Nintendo butchering his game huh? :lol:
Nintendo didn't have anything to do with the commercial releases besides managing the platforms the game was released on. The Wiiware and Dsiware ports of the game were made by Nicalis, and the 3D remake is being developed by Nippon Ichi Software.

Back