Castaway

Yetixx

Still Fresh
Well, I've not done to bad, Flashed my GP, got evry emulator I've tried working and done some high quality movie encodes, but can I as buggery figure out castaway. I'm putting the TOS.rom in the atarist folder, but when I try to get a game to load it says:
"No TOS ROM selected and default ATARIST\TOS.IMG is not found!"
What am I doing wrong, just so you know I am using TOS1.

Thanks muchly for any help in advance. :)

Yetixx posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
Well, I've not done to bad, Flashed my GP, got evry emulator I've tried working and done some high quality movie encodes, but can I as buggery figure out castaway. I'm putting the TOS.rom in the atarist folder, but when I try to get a game to load it says:
"No TOS ROM selected and default ATARIST\TOS.IMG is not found!"
What am I doing wrong, just so you know I am using TOS1.

Thanks muchly for any help in advance. :)
You're going to smack yourself... :)

Read the error message 3 times ;)

TOS.IMG
TOS.IMG
TOS.IMG

Not "tos.rom".

Whatever it says, thats what you use :)

Check the manual ( I worked os hard on it :) ...

http://www.codejedi.com/castaway/README.htm

To quote:

2. Find yourself an Atari TOS ROM image file. TOS is the Atari ST basic operating system and is needed for anything to run. You may dump one from an Atari ST or find one somewhere. You may find one called TOS_102.IMG, or ROM, or TOS.ROM or whatever, but make sure its installed as TOS.IMG (thats what Castaway/GP looks for!). Just rename it to TOS.IMG before uploading to the GP32. (You can use other .IMG names, but then you'll have to select them in the menu each time you run Castaway/GP!)

So you could use the current one, and hit it with A or B to force Castaway to use it. But just rename it and you're good :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider myself duly smacked. :)

I promise never to under take something again whilst tired :ph34r:

Thx for the help tho Skeezix:)

Back