Atari St Emulator

sukhi-2006

I'm having problem with atari st emulator it doesn't load roms it keeps on saying no disks were selected-using defaults then when i press x button it gives me another problem it says no tos.rom file not found-run will fail i've installed the tos file in the rom folder, any help will do.

Iorgy77 said:
RTFM, seriously are you going to post a new thread for every emulator you cant be bothered reading the readme file for?
A bit harsh. Just ignore the thread if you feel like that and maybe someone else who will be help Iorgy77. Not me though as I haven't used an Atari ST emu since the GP32 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need the Atari ST Rom file. Google tos 1.02 ands you should find it easily enough.

Download and change the name to TOS.ROM - Copy this into your atari-st roms folder on your SD card and OutcaST should be able to find the disc images (the games).

This is explained better than i can in the readme if you need to check something out!

seriously sukhigp: READ THE READMEs! That is why they are called "read-me", so that you read them and learn.

I di read te readme it said need tos 1.02 i did google and found one tos file which was 1.00 and not 1.02 looks like how have to do harder search, can someone pm me the the tos file.

sukhigp said:
I di read te readme it said need tos 1.02 i did google and found one tos file which was 1.00 and not 1.02 looks like how have to do harder search, can someone pm me the the tos file.
you can get banned for asking that

sukhigp said:
Jesus!! I did a google.. I found it on the 2nd link down!

Steem

I have the right bios file and my roms still don't work it keeps on saying no disks were selected-using defaults, what am i doing.

Does the disk manager even list your games that are in the roms folder. If you're not seeing any games then they are in the wrong folder on the SD card. Also the roms need to be in a roms folder on the root of your memory stick.

sukhigp said:
I've installed the rom in the roms folder but it still says the same message.
okay, if you really want to get anywhere, you're going to have to give more info than that. where exactly do you have your roms located? directory structure? Might help to post where you put your emulator files. basically, the more info, the better.

I've installed the atari st emulator on my sd card here's the directory structure outcast folder/roms my roms are in this directory with .gpe file is my 1.02 bios file.

sukhigp said:
I've installed the atari st emulator on my sd card here's the directory structure outcast folder/roms my roms are in this directory with .gpe file is my 1.02 bios file.
Quote: Readme :

Application:
Copy OutcaST.gpe to your GP2X's SD card -- the root of the card, or anywhere
you deem appropriate.

ROMS (Atari ST Disk Images):
Create a directory on your SD card: /roms/atari-st - all lowercase!
Copy .ST and .MSA disk images to this location; .zip versions of these files
should be okay as well (though I'm not sure if they work in the first alpha
of the emulator :)

TOS Operating System ROM:
The Atari ST has an operating system - one of the first GUI OSes, that
predated MSWindows by a long mile. This file could be of various versions
so we're looking for TOS 1.02 (sometimes called 1.20) ideally, best the
American or UK versions. TOS 1.04 (1.40) may work, as should 1.0 .. but
1.02 is the best. It might be called TOS.ROM or TOS.IMG or any number
of variations... but for our needs, call it TOS.ROM and drop it into
your /roms/atari-st folder on your SD card.

IF THIS IS NOT CLEAR, THEN DO AS FOLLOWS (which is saying the same thing)

Copy OutcaST.gpe to your SD card (anywhere)
Create a folder called roms on your SD card.
Create a folder called atari-st INSIDE your roms folder.
Make sure your bios (rom) file is renames to TOS.ROM & copy this into your atari-st folder (which is in your roms folder).
Now copy all your games which may be zipped, .ST or .MSA files.

If you followed all this word for word, it should work fine for you. If you still have problems, experiment with different tos files. i.e. try the US version if you used the UK one etc. Just make sure they are all renamed to TOS.ROM and placed in your atari-st folder which is in your roms folder.

If you stll can't get it working after that, I have seen good prices for real Atari ST's on ebay :lol:

sataniC Virus said:
If you stll can't get it working after that, I have seen good prices for real Atari ST's on ebay :lol:

I remember lugging my STE round to my mates in a backpack with a case full of disks.... it was super portable :D

You NEEED rename your tos to tos.rom , not tos.img and put it in roms folder [ sd/roms/atari-st] and all other roms [ in *.st format ] in this folder. Ill be best if you cut / trim some spaces and ( ) [ ] chars from *.st files before trying to run on outcast ...

Ok i've got it to work the only problem it's hardly doesn't run any games is there any compatible list.

Back