Castaway/GP 9.2 Released!

*dumbstruck* :ph34r:

note to self: jeff could be from a higher race

just so you know, the unrecognised crc display is also fixed in 0.92 :p

Tobriand posted on May 15 2003 said:
Sweeter than sweet...

You know that tribe in Eastern Mongolia? They're carving a totem even as we speak :)
*g* As long as it has a big Fuji on top :)

BTW all, I'm aware of the sorting issue; for some reason, the sort is bailing out halfway through on some units. *shrug*. ITs never easy ;)

Perhaps I need to set up an alpha group mailing list, since things are getting so complex.. so we can run things through a day of alpha before posting them to the list here every day :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
why, always when i'm just about to go to bed.....

ooooh well tomorrow night, i'm sure i'll sleep then.... one more day playing ST games won't hurt.... wonder if my boss has noticed i'm not actually doing any work atm.

stickofjoy posted on May 15 2003 said:
*dumbstruck* :ph34r:

note to self: jeff could be from a higher race

just so you know, the unrecognised crc display is also fixed in 0.92 :p
Woot; /me flexes his coding muscle and kisses it *g*

So what do you think then? 9.2 is much sexier looking and feeling than ever before, with the "dialog" based file picker?

Abny issues found? Anythign disliked?

jeff

There's kinda a strange bonus that I'm guessing you didn't notice (which is always nice to find).
If you;re in frameskip mode, the left shoulder is still set to drop fs to 1, so now it does that, then jumps straght into keyboard mode - which when you drop it to 1 is more often than not where you wanted to be anyway...

I'm guessing this is a mistake, but its one to leave it (since it makes life easier) :)

BTW all, I'm aware of the sorting issue; for some reason, the sort is bailing out halfway through on some units. *shrug*. ITs never easy

um... dunno whats happening, but the first time i go in to 'insert disk' (playing Civ), the images list IS in the correct order :blink:

then you select a disk, come out, go back in and boom, there incorrect again

so something in there must be working somewhere :)

Tobriand posted on May 15 2003 said:
There's kinda a strange bonus that I'm guessing you didn't notice (which is always nice to find).
If you;re in frameskip mode, the left shoulder is still set to drop fs to 1, so now it does that, then jumps straght into keyboard mode - which when you drop it to 1 is more often than not where you wanted to be anyway...

I'm guessing this is a mistake, but its one to leave it (since it makes life easier) :)
Cool, but I'm going to fix it ;) ITs supposed ot bail out after the first left-shoudler catch :)

jeff

So far the new release looks very nice. I very much like the new look.
Thanks for fixing the drive B problem. This plus the fact I finally got Amberstar to work 100% make me very happy.
I also like the fact I can now bring up the keyboard by pressing L. It saves a lot of aggravation. It would be nice to add the Joystick toggle to L (I know, I repeat myself a lot), which also means that R would togle back to the mouse / cursor combination.
The save system also works like a charm. It's nice to be able to figure out what is what...
Thanks,

Loic

ldaneels posted on May 15 2003 said:
So far the new release looks very nice. I very much like the new look.
Thanks for fixing the drive B problem. This plus the fact I finally got Amberstar to work 100% make me very happy.
I also like the fact I can now bring up the keyboard by pressing L. It saves a lot of aggravation. It would be nice to add the Joystick toggle to L (I know, I repeat myself a lot), which also means that R would togle back to the mouse / cursor combination.
The save system also works like a charm. It's nice to be able to figure out what is what...
Thanks,

Loic
If you're in Joystick mode, L will toggle keyboard back and forth. So not sure what you need :)

Amberstar works now? How'd you get it going? What was the vital step? (or was it the disk b fix?)

Savestates is working out very well; I think I'm going to use them a lot (and I refuse to eat crow, since I'll be using them to cheat mostly ;) (okay okya, fast loading DM and Civ is *way* cool.. 2 seconds instead of 2 minutes will save batteries and nerves :)

jeff

well, I asked the Thalion Webshrine webmaster & he did the install on a real ST & tranfered the files to PC using makedisk. Can't beat that.
It seems like emus (the PC ones in our case) do not write to disk correctly, which is why it never worked 100%.
The next step for me is to create my own character (time to dust off the ST). The default character is pretty lame...
Indeed, I just noticed the joystick thing when testing games. I still think being able to toggle joystick / keyboard would be nice & you could then clear the menu & it seems like it will need it very soon :)
I'll try to resist the temptation of cheating with save states, not that I really would need to since I am mostly playing RPGs, & they allow saving anywhere...
Definitely save state is very nice for the likes of Archipelagos & Sentinel (that would drive me nuts to type in the codes each time).
Thanks,

Loic

ldaneels posted on May 15 2003 said:
I still think being able to toggle joystick / keyboard would be nice & you could then clear the menu & it seems like it will need it very soon :)
L toggle keyboard with whatever mode you are currently in.

ie.
joystick -> keyboard -> joystick
mouse -> keyboard -> mouse
etc.

The keyboard/joystick toggle thing addresses what was probably my last real complaint about Castaway! In my eyes - it's now nigh on perfect! Cheers Skeezix, and keep up the good work - I know you'll still do loads of useful stuff that I never even thought of :D

Axeman posted on May 15 2003 said:
The keyboard/joystick toggle thing addresses what was probably my last real complaint about Castaway!  In my eyes - it's now nigh on perfect!  Cheers Skeezix, and keep up the good work - I know you'll still do loads of useful stuff that I never even thought of :D
of course, you mean:
In my eyes - apart from Sensible Soccer not working - it's now nigh on perfect!
If you think I go on too much about this game, you have to play it usign STEem etc. It is the best arcade football game, arguably game ever made!

matt

Just upgraded to version 9.2, much prefer the new disk picker.

However I tried to load a savestate I created this morning, I am getting the message 'Couldn't find the right tos.img needed', any idea why?

: Savestates are incompatable with them from 009! I'd open them up and do an in-game disk-save if you can before going to 009.1!

Ahh I see the problem now,

note to self RTFM :D

of course, you mean:
In my eyes - apart from Sensible Soccer not working - it's now nigh on perfect!

If you think I go on too much about this game, you have to play it usign STEem etc. It is the best arcade football game, arguably game ever made!

matt

SWOS was better :p

Jeff,

Thank you for your continued work on this great emulator. I don't know if you are in the xbox scene at all. But on Sunday someone released a Playstation Emulator for the xbox. I whipped up a quick website that allows people to rate the games and how well they work. I just wondered if you might want the same kind of thing for the Atari ST titles.

you can view it here: (the PSX one)
http://www.phantomtech.info/compatibility/

If you aren't interested, I am not sure if the general public is or not. But it might be helpfull to know which games work, which ones don't and why.

~DWN

Back