Castaway/gp 15.2 Public Release

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Should be a nice and solid release :)

Get it here:
http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

Numerous compatability updates; a few games may run a trifle faster, while others will have artwork showing that previously did not or other random improvements; games that already worked should continue to work.

(If you were using 15.0 or 15.1, then this one fixes load/save-states and a few other minor oddities.)

Feel free to post to news..

jeff

I tried it briefly. seems good. I did notice though in some menus like the automation ones with the rasters that the rasters seem to vibrate. They were solid before.

anyone tried jumping jackson yet??? My GP32's up stairs and im going to school in 1 minute :p hehe

thanks

@skeezix

I read on your page that you add BLU+ support in version 14.0. Dunno if you got pictures I sent you long time ago, but the scan line bug was still there in 14.0 and moving screen up/down did not help.

It's really nice to see new version of Castaway anyway :)

Some suggestions/requests.

menu's

Can you make options that are currently set. i.e. clock speed or control method highlighted

also would be good to hear the

spinning head chop

HEEEEEEYET!

sample in all its glory in barbarian(palace) (automation 029)

At the moment. As before you get a high pitch squelch.

some of the other samples are good. IK+ for example.

This has maybe been mentioned before.
and can you get rid of the word joystickwhen the virtual keyboard is on.

First game I tried was ChaseHQ from a compact, the screen stays black with the title music running. [edit]:Automation Compact version of ChaseHQ works fine..

Second game was Super Wonderboy in Monsterland - Noticed music and game speed fluctuated a bit more than prev version, anyway kept playing got to level 5 on my first credit without using the revival [ spam word ] and thought I would try saving my progress, doing this reset my GP32 and now when I restart Castaway it passes the title screen and freezes up saying - Checking Savestate 68.

Will try some more stuff and get back to you after removing any save files and re-installing version 15.2.

[edit] removed stcache.TXT and my savefiles but the above error is still there.

Hi Skeezix :)

really nice to see so many updates of my fav' emu around there :)
Many thanks for that :) please keep up the good work :)

so here is a little repport of what I try with 15 / 15.1 & 15.2 version :

- Transartica : still got that problem of 'blinking' cursor & game controls which make it unfortunatly unplayable (or playable but with headache after 10 minutes lol ;op)
- Sensible Soccer : still can't use the inputs, if not it make it freeze :( so bad coz if not the game seems running well (in demo mode)
- Hook : that marvellous adventure game loads up & seems want to start, but after we choose the language it make a red screen and nothing happen (I already try to chenge of disk but it's still the same) ... Maybe it's my disks which are corrupted , so if somebody here success to make it work, please tell me :)
- Major Motion : unfortunatly there's still no way to play with it, the control don't work at all (ie you go at left or right or press any buttons, anyway your car don't move at all)
- Pirates : fully working but the controls seems not conveniant / not working ... if somebody can help me then I would appreciate that :)

if not in working games I saw a little increase of speed with sound on :) Still need to try those 3 version with 'Manoir de Mortevieille' to know which one give the best sound results (this game got speech :p)

As to bLU+, yeah, I still need to work on it; did that BLU+ fuddling in the 14.0-14.1-etc series, but then got busy on this other stuff and hence 15-series :) Will get back to BLU+ fuddling in a bit.

So is 15.2 the best version ever, or still some quirks compared to 14.x?

jeff

jeff

Yup I would have to say 15.2 is better, so far the only problem I have is with saving this file:
Wonderboy in Monsterland (1987)(Activision)[cr Vapour][One Disk].st

Give it a try I would be interested to hear what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
15.1 and .2 are faster

I dont think compatibility has ever really been an issue as there are a huge amount of games that do run.

If you can get more games running at closer to 100% that would be cool

If you can get better sampled sound support that would be cool

jeff

Yup I would have to say 15.2 is better, so far the only problem I have is with saving this file:

Do you literally mean that filename? If so, god help it ;) (Its not realyl designed to handle gynormous filenames :)

jeff

jeff

Do you literally mean that filename? If so, god help it ;) (Its not realyl designed to handle gynormous filenames :)

jeff

hehe point taken, I tried it again with a shorter name and the save worked fine. :)
To be honest I have been using Gynormous filenames since day one with your awesome emulater and have never had a similar problem until this version. Same game, Same name saving on all your previous versions works fine. :)

As to bLU+, yeah, I still need to work on it; did that BLU+ fuddling in the 14.0-14.1-etc series, but then got busy on this other stuff and hence 15-series :) Will get back to BLU+ fuddling in a bit.

That'd be great Jeff, as it seems nobody found solution yet ... thank you for your hard work. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

suggestion.

Can you add an option to perform a DB scan on all disk images.

I like to put a random selection on 20+ images.

like a lucky dip.

it would be mean I dont have to press select on each one.

cheers

hmm. doesn't it have that in there somewhere? I know my Palm OS version has a "Scan all", I thought this one did too, but I forget :)

jeff

um? can you put a 'swap up/down' mouse control in as well please? it'd make a few minter games work... (and defeat that evil ghost virus ;))

Back