Castaway/GP 11.2 Released!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Just read the changelog to hurt your skull a little bit ;)

This is a *killer* release. Mind you, most of it is in configurability, etc...

http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

The Mind-blower edition. This one tweaks the controls to be a little more friendly, while also adding mega configurability. We've fleshed out the keyboard a little, and added the ability to hold down buttons (as opposed to just pressing and releasing them). Theres autofire for the joystick now, so your thumb doesn't get tired. Theres a new config menu where you can load and debug config files.. and you can totally define your own input mode. Say you're playing a game that needs mouse and a key (like shift, to fire), just bind shift to left-shoulder and away you go!

See the changelog on the website to pop your mind.

jeff

w00t - awesome job on the new features! I was just thinking that it would be really cool if I could be in cursor mode and define my own keys for A and B. This will make lots of games much easier to play. Thanks!

Absolute wicked release Jeff - The best just got a whole lot better.

Thanks Man

DC

WoW skeezix! This release is AWESOME
Thank you especially for adding the shift-keys! :rolleyes:
Very very nice idea binding the keys!
I enjoy playing North and South now
What can i say....great work :D

smoky posted on May 27 2003 said:
WoW skeezix! This release is AWESOME
Thank you especially for adding the shift-keys! :rolleyes:
Very very nice idea binding the keys!
I enjoy playing North and South now
What can i say....great work :D
How well does N&S play? Someone reported some problems with it, but I'm not sure which alpha they were using :) You're using the left-shift (the first S in SS) or using ST_LSH in a bind?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this release, I have been playig Conflict now for 2 hours with my custom controls and it works perfectly :)

Thanks Jeff I can finally sort the Middle Eastern problem out my own way :)

Oh and while I am not the biggest Autofire fan I can say it works great :)

Cool, I'm glad the custom controls works well :) That was a reasonably complex hack to get right :)

I definately need to whip up some configs. I'm thinking of cindlugin some samples in the distribution, so that other thread of yours will be useful to poach from.

I'm tempted to make some defaults that mimic the built ins, as a starting place.

ex:

c_mouse.cnf
---------------
# mimic mouse mode
print MouseMimic
bind-up mouse-up
bind-down mouse-down
bind-left mouse-left
bind-right mouse-right
bind-a mouse-fr
bind-b mouse-fl
bind-select toggle-frameskip
bind-left toggle-keyboard
bind-right goto-c_cursor.cnf

toggle-keyboard doesn't exist yet, and goto-<filename> doesn't exist yet.

Think they'd be useful? :)

jeff

cindlugin, Wtf is that!! :huh:

But I agree, include some default configs that mirror the real ones to help with creating custom ones.

Hi,
Actually I forgot to reply on the keyboard-toggle binding in my last email. But yeah, that would be extremely useful since the keyboard is the only thing you cannot realistically bind through custom config. All the rest can be mimicked through custom configs.
Thanks,

Loic

Back