Carrying case?

I currently use the 1040 and the Pelican Storm iM2050 for my Pandora as well as the 910 for my SD cards.
I should add that in the Storm iM2050, I can store my Pandora, spare battery in case, Westone IEM, charger/usb cord, and maybe someday a TV frickin out cable :angry:

Its not overkill, I surf kayak and whitewater kayak rivers have a lot of sand/moisture/dirt in my car/gear. I store it so its bombproof. Smellproof things are nice too in my line of work. Kinda funny when my 1040 stank like Sour Diesel for a week after having a half ounce in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
some cheapy 2.5" HDD case from pcworld, just happened to be getting a new laptop and tested the fit, works well enough, and has 2 little pockets inside for cables/etc

I've just bought one of these as a bit of an impulse buy for the hopefully impending delivery of my Pandora. (Ordered May 2009, but was told 1650 to 1750...)

It's a semi hard case, so should hold it's shape and hopefully offer good protection. Inside there is an elastic strap which the Pandora should fit under. There is a pocket in the lid., but it's too big and loose to be of any real use.

Obviously without the Pandora I can't categorically say it will fit, so if anyone who has a Pandora fancies one, I'd obviously love to know.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/portable-hard-drive-case-454310

I'm sure all these cases are nice , but I remember Craig saying that the cases were tight because the case company didn't make them large enough and that the cases are now going to be bigger so they fit.

I'm sure all these cases are nice , but I remember Craig saying that the cases were tight because the case company didn't make them large enough and that the cases are now going to be bigger so they fit.
Well, Pandora fits inside the case. But in fact I'm using it only if I want to put Pandora in backpack. If I use trouser pocekts, I prefer to go without the case.

Pics of my official Pandora case here

It is a very tight fit and can be tricky to squeeze in the first couple of times, but you get your technique down after a while and it's not a problem.

The only gripe I have with it being so tight is that it presses the L&R buttons down. If it didn't do this it would be usable in the case while on the go.

By the way: IT'S NOT PINK!!! :p

Edit: fixed link

Hm...After looking up the case a bit more...I've decided that maybe I'll get that after all. (I've heard that turning it inside out a few times helps considerably.) I have a separate place I can safely keep my charger, anyway. But don't close this thread, because others may not feel the same way.

EDIT: Unless the case really does its job that poorly?

I've been using my official pandora case since July and it was a little tight at first but now it's loose enough for me to fit a usb cable in with it for charging on the go. I'm happy with it.

I'll wait until I get mine before I decide to make the plunge. I just remembered (and always seem to forget) that my mom recently got a new cell phone. It came in a fancy case that seems like it might be JUST right for my Pandora, if I cut the foam padding correctly.

I don't need a case. I am going to have it implanted into my body and then have the controls wired to my brain. I will plug in some glasses that have some nice video. The coming robot apocalypse won't know what to make of me. B)

How does the Pandora compare to the DSi in size? I have this one and like it quite a bit. I got it because I got the Mario red DSi and didn't want it scratched up. I usually don't care as it is a clamshell but after using this for a while I think I'll use a case for my Pandora.

Can anyone who owns both do a size comparison picture?

EDIT: This is a good case if the Pandora can be charged through USB, can it? I kinda remember people saying it couldn't. I have a wall and cigarette charger that charges all my gadgets so all I need is a cord for each device. It saves a little space.

I own a DSi, but isn't yours a DSi XL? If you still want the comparison pic (and no-one beats me to it), I'll take one later when I have access to my DSi.

Just a suggestion but why not wait till you get it, then pop along to your local Photography shop, they should have loads of cases (normally for compact cameras) that would be ideal for the Pandora.

I own a DSi, but isn't yours a DSi XL? If you still want the comparison pic (and no-one beats me to it), I'll take one later when I have access to my DSi.
Oh gosh, duh, my bad, yeah I have an XL. Are those about the same size as a Pandora or is the Pandora closer to a normal DSi?

EDIT: This is a good case if the Pandora can be charged through USB, can it? I kinda remember people saying it couldn't. I have a wall and cigarette charger that charges all my gadgets so all I need is a cord for each device. It saves a little space.
Yes it can, it's primarily they way I charge. I have usb adapters in my cars, my house, and at work, not to mention if I'm at someones house I can usually find a usb port on their computer or ps3 system or something. So I only carry the pandora and a usb cable in my official Pandora case, which as I mentioned, fits fine now that its stretched out.

Back