Carry Case

iggywig

Still Fresh
Does anyone know where I can get a decent carry case for the 2x in the UK? Getting a bit bored of carrying around the box with me in my bag! Doesn't really matter if its an official 2x one or not. I've googled and the only places seem to be in the US... Cheers guys

By the way, thanks to all the devs for the great games and emu's so far. Its a beautiful little machine thats only going to get better in time! I'll be donating some cash when I've got some! Just seem to be spending all of it on SD cards at the mo! ;)

i had to buy mine from gp32z even though im in the uk...other than gbax as a seller i dont know anywhere else

i had to buy mine from gp32z even though im in the uk...other than gbax as a seller i dont know anywhere else

Any nintendo DS case should be ok. Try Argos.

I bought mine here in italy and it's as though it was designed for the GP2x. It has 3 little pockets that are exactly the right size for SD cards and a clasp thing that holds everything nice and snug and stops it falling out when you open it.

Plus it was cheap and the logo looks a bit like the GP32x one (it says extreme)

I'll post a picture later if anyone cares.

YES, the nds case from argos is superb! Its a little wrong for the ds, as i use it for my ds, because the bits sticking out on the back where the stylus goes etc get in the way of the zip compartment, and it a bit of a bugger to get in sometimes without force.

the gp2x is a bit smaller overall, and its very soft in the inside, and also has PLENT of room for other things for the gp2x. got mine from argos ;)

For my gp2x though i got a lowepro d-res 120. Google it! it is absolutely fantastic! I love that pouch and im sure that you would too! got mine from ebay :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got mine from gp32z, its an official gp2x case. Very good case but not a patch on the gp32 case I got from gbax when I got my gp32.

For those who may care, this is what a cheap DS case looks like:

case014gc.jpg

case026bh.jpg

case037ur.jpg

case045hz.jpg

A pretty good fit I think.

Cheers for all your help guys. I'm either going to get the lowerpro one or the cheap game one I guess.
A little bit OT... Just installed Mame and loads of the 0.34 romset and everything works like a dream! Not found one game that fails yet!

I use a hard shell PSP case. =P It has enough room for my Gamepark, four spare batteries, and my headphones. Unfortunately, I doubt it'd have room for a TV-Out cable, too. =(. Plus it doesn't close around the shoulder buttons well, even though it's perfectly adequete.

So, I'm considering buying the official GP2x case. Not only will it be tailor made for it, and be really special, people won't think it's a PSP =P. And CANDY. For those of you with the offical case, is it okay? Does it have room for GP+SD Card+Batteries+TV-Out with RCA cables? Does it have elastic straps to keep the GP from falling out (god knows I've dropped it a couple of times. Hardy little beastie. o.o)? I don't wanna buy a case that's exactly like the one I have now, and something JUST for the GP2x is likely to stop being made after the product goes byebye, so I wanna collect it, but only if it's worth it. And if it is... PLAY ASIA, ho, for case and wrist strap (collectable o/`)! I think I'll buy the TV-Out cable from GBAX, though.

So. Official GP2x case. What EXACTLY has it got to offer?

Critical .... Funny I read this thread and I bought that case today from Game Shop.

It's ok, but you have to be carefull when removing and inserting the 2X that the screen
does not touch the plastic zipper lining, otherwise overtime it will scratch the screen.

While I only wanted something to take to the gym the case is ok and snug, but really if you dropped it, it offers very little padding and protection on the top and bottom parts,
so I will buy something else another time.

DG.

I've got one of these. It's a Nintendo DS soft case, so again not the best if you drop it but it looks like it was made for GP2x. It has slots for SD cards my alternative joystic caps and a good pocket for screen wipes etc. I think it looks a bit better than the Game one too. Fits like a glove.
I'm waiting for GBAX to stock the official ones before I get one.

I use a hard shell PSP case. =P It has enough room for my Gamepark, four spare batteries, and my headphones. Unfortunately, I doubt it'd have room for a TV-Out cable, too. =(. Plus it doesn't close around the shoulder buttons well, even though it's perfectly adequete.

So, I'm considering buying the official GP2x case. Not only will it be tailor made for it, and be really special, people won't think it's a PSP =P. And CANDY. For those of you with the offical case, is it okay? Does it have room for GP+SD Card+Batteries+TV-Out with RCA cables? Does it have elastic straps to keep the GP from falling out (god knows I've dropped it a couple of times. Hardy little beastie. o.o)? I don't wanna buy a case that's exactly like the one I have now, and something JUST for the GP2x is likely to stop being made after the product goes byebye, so I wanna collect it, but only if it's worth it. And if it is... PLAY ASIA, ho, for case and wrist strap (collectable o/`)! I think I'll buy the TV-Out cable from GBAX, though.

So. Official GP2x case. What EXACTLY has it got to offer?

doesnt really have anything to offer, apart from being the official case, its pretty small and no room for any cables..

In that case, I'll buy a small rucksack thing and sew the GP2x logo on it (and maybe a character from Kriis, and other such Gamepark exclusives). Enough room for my case, cables, and a packed lunch! Entertainment WILL follow me! (Anyone know what 'Entertainment Follows You' in Korean is?)

Does the Square Spiral still count as a Gameparkholdings logo, or is that the splinter company (Gamepark) only? I'd like to use the logo, since it's cool, and GPh doesn't seem to have a logo of its own.

just to let you know, i bought a ds case today.its a wetsuit material one and it fits perfectly! there is even a zip up pouch big enough to hold a spare set of batteries and a few sd cards.
not bad for £2.97!
go buy one from currys,i checked but its not on their website.

Critical .... Funny I read this thread and I bought that case today from Game Shop.

It's ok, but you have to be carefull when removing and inserting the 2X that the screen
does not touch the plastic zipper lining, otherwise overtime it will scratch the screen.
Obviously the best solution is to have someone paint a picture of your GP2X, and have that get scratched instead...

Back