Captain Impatient

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
Mods/admins, if this is forbidden, I'm VERY sorry, please lock/delete this thread ASAP and punish me accordingly. However, I think this community is an intelligent enough one to have a discussion about this, I'm just using my opinion as a platform to either agree/disagree with.

Let me start off by saying that I will wait as long as it possibly takes for a Pandora. My opinion about delays has changed somewhat over time, but I think I've come full-circle in realizing the vision that Craig and co. have for the device. I used to take a stance that was more Chad-oriented, but after sitting back and really thinking about it, I'd compare the Pandora dev team to (pardon me for being corny, here) Batman in The Dark Knight. :lol: Just as Batman took the criticism from the citizens of Gotham for doing the right thing that wasn't popular, so too is Craigx taking heat for delaying Pandora to perfection. I'm sure many agree with this position, but I'd like to give the opposition floor time as well by saying...

I am, by nature, an impatient fellow in regard to my gadgets. :D My Touch is exceedingly boring, my DS and PSP are long gone once the prospect of Pandora was first seen, and my homemade portables, while perfect for playing old-school, are simply to hefty and limited to do what Pandora will do.

I guess that's it as far as my opinion goes. Not only to kind of apologize for my past hostility, but to thank Craig and co. for doing what's best for the device and the community. Any naysayers, agree-ers? Seeing as most threads anymore turn into a debate of this measure, we might as well keep 'em localized.

Oh, and if anyone wants to give a solid release month, that'd be cool, too. :p

I totally agree! After the new nub debacle, I put you in the "Willing to sacrifice quality for time" category. Part of that was the fact that you seemed like Chad in that you had not come from the GP2X community, and so did not see the need for perfection as much as a lot of us. Although I will admit that I just want it to come out as fast as possible. ;) A lot of people are hating on craig, but the final result will hopefully nothing short of stunning! Also..... Not only am I the first to post in this thread, I was the VERY first one to view it, as the view count on it said "1" (which was yours). Wow, I need to get off these forums!

Totally off topic.....CTF, is your SmartQ T5 for sale?

palmertech said:
I totally agree! After the new nub debacle, I put you in the "Willing to sacrifice quality for time" category. Part of that was the fact that you seemed like Chad in that you had not come from the GP2X community, and so did not see the need for perfection as much as a lot of us. Although I will admit that I just want it to come out as fast as possible. ;) A lot of people are hating on craig, but the final result will hopefully nothing short of stunning! Also..... Not only am I the first to post in this thread, I was the VERY first one to view it, as the view count on it said "1" (which was yours). Wow, I need to get off these forums!

Totally off topic.....CTF, is your SmartQ T5 for sale?
Thanks! And actually, it is. :p My friend didn't want it, and I've used it all but once when I loaded it up with some games, music, and movies to test it out. I've got everything new in box, most of it still in the plastic wrap if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather have it perfect than quick.

They already said they will have final, working units in August to display at various conventions/trade shows.

Before I totally hijack this thread, let me make a topic in the marketplace section. Expect it in under 3 minutes. ;)

On topic: YEAH!! PANDORA HURRY UPZ OMG! IT IZ TEH PWNZOR CUZ OF TEH DELAYS!

id like to know what the likelihood of having my pandora before the 28th of september is. im going to greece with my bro and dad. we usually take a pair of ds's for the flight and the late afternoons when its too hot to go out, itd be awesome to be able to take a couple of pandoras instead...

Craig and Co had mentioned complete prototypes that they may take to some shows in Germany.

I agree, I'm rather impatient for this device to come out. I realized, however, that the very reason I was hyped is that the device was going to be as complete and as close to perfect as any geek would dream of. If that costs time, fine. I've got my $500 for the unit and a bucketload of accessories just waiting for it. In the mean time, I've taken up SDL programming in order to start my homebrew game project. By the time I'm reasonably proficient enough to make at least basic use of the hardware, it will be out and I'll have a ton of little apps ready to run on it. This will be my first development endeavor and I can't think of a better place to start, really. Be patient, you will be rewarded.

Go Pandora team!

Edit: beat me to the link, and oops, forgot to credit the link. Thanks, Chip.

i really do want the pandora to be as perfect as possible and would gladly wait longer but i 'm really hoping for an early august release cause i got school soon :(
oh CTF love the dark knight reference :p
sick movie (sorry if that's off topic)

I am a measuring stick now, huh? Like an icon or symbol.

"I'm Chad-ish, but not Chad-like" / "I am completely non-Chad in that area."

I don't know how I feel about that.

For those of you hoping that my "need-it-in-September" deadline will get rid of me, my Eee PC actually getting here (there was a month between when I sent my N800 away and when I got my Eee PC that I didn't believe the guy was actually going to follow through with his side of the bargain) somewhat changes that.

I, too, am less Chadian in my demands for it to be made yesterday. I still want it as soon as possible - and I will not let anyone forget the numerous false-dates we've been given (whether or not they were "hope-so-ified" - they were still given as dates) - but I will most likely end up getting one whenever it comes out - as long as nothing cooler in the low-end UMPC / high-end MID has taken its place as the best bang-for-your-buck item on the market. I've come to realize it will not get to me before my trip. But I still think I want it.

While I don't like to put a timetable on it, I think I agree with others here when I say that September would be a "good time" to release, especially that given when I first showed up to these forums, it was speculated that Pandoras would be in people's hands by now. :lol:

And Chad, digging the Watchmen avatar. I dunno how I feel about them making a movie about it, though, there's a lot to capture in so little time.

CronoTriggerfan said:
And Chad, digging the Watchmen avatar. I dunno how I feel about them making a movie about it, though, there's a lot to capture in so little time.
I had never heard of the Watchmen before the hype started about the movie. I'm in the middle of reading them now. I can see where they can cut out enough to make it fit. The whole bit with the newspaper stand - all the "reading material" at the ends of the books - those will be handled in *brief* flashbacks and/or voice-overs. The pirate story probably won't make it in there. I don't really see a problem with making it a movie. Seems just long enough to give them enough to work with.

I'm realy waiting impatiently for the pandora, but i realise it's to our own benefit that it got delayed.
I owned a gp2x myself and have been following this project over half a year now.
I bought a psp recently cause i wanted to play games (trough emulators) on the go and i could'nt wait anymore.
But I just hate how the psp has to be hacked to be able to play homebrew on it.
I guess i'll be selling the psp as soon as the pandora gets released.

You shouldn't underestimate "Generation Gimmie"...or the tech addicts. They look at the Pandora as their latest "geek fix" and they want it NOW ;)

GunPei2X said:
quadomatic said:
GunPei2X said:
Rather have it perfect than quick.

They already said they will have final, working units in August to display at various conventions/trade shows.
Woah what? Trade shows? Cool.

Link, courtesy Chip's list

I see. Too bad I don't live in the UK and get Channel 4. Someone make sure you get it on YouTube! I have a capture card...so if I had Channel 4 I'd put it up...but I don't.

patience is a virtue... heh i won't get mine until christmas anyway .... so GROW UP

btw clamoring n()()Bs != ( geeks || nerds )

happily the pandora will probably have a good selection of apps by christmas

it's pretty hilarious how chad has now become the definition of that person who would rather have it sooner than better.
Either way, I agree with you CTF, in all aspects.

Hmm... Kyo is very chadful in that he seems to currently agree with CTF. However, he is somewhat un chad-like because of his cheerful an non-abrasive demeanor. I think that the only person here who is really qualified for this....Is chad. Ok, back to under Chads bed (With 8 others!)

Back