Capex: D&d:tower Of Doom

jimmyme

Still Fresh
Hey guys.

Just a very quick question. I am playing Dungeons & Dragons : Tower of Doom through CAPEX CPS2 emulator and I have a single little problem.
How do you cycle/swap through picked up weapons? I have tried everything and nothing works! ARGH!!
Reading several websites seems to show that it should work through just pressing a single button.

What are your guys' experience.

Thanks for any help!

yim ^_^

_they live, we sleep_

yimyim said:
Hey guys.

Just a very quick question. I am playing Dungeons & Dragons : Tower of Doom through CAPEX CPS2 emulator and I have a single little problem.
How do you cycle/swap through picked up weapons? I have tried everything and nothing works! ARGH!!
Reading several websites seems to show that it should work through just pressing a single button.

What are your guys' experience.

Thanks for any help!

yim ^_^

_they live, we sleep_

Tried everything as well, no dice. I think it's supposed to be the "Y" button.. but it's not working

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried everything as well, no dice. I think it's supposed to be the "Y" button.. but it's not working

Hey zsonance!

Thanks heaps for the reply! Argh. My worst nightmare! nooooooo....
yeah there seems to be a free button just "waiting" to be used. ah-hem... I guess I have to keep looking/trying. Perhaps finding another ROM will help...

Thanks again...

yim

Hey!

did you ever solve this problem? This is a game i was really looking forward to playing... very annoying not being able to cycle thru those weapons

It seems to be a general problem with CPS2Emu, button 4 does not work (at least in 4 button games). I tried a japanese quiz game, button 4 does not respond at all.

But it works fine with FBA2X. Change the "Window:" option to avoid a truncated screen in CPS2 games. And here are my test results to check game compatibility.

It also works with the latest FBA port. But it's sill an early version and needs some improvement. Scaling isn't perfect yet.

Yoshi Dragon said:
It seems to be a general problem with CPS2Emu, button 4 does not work (at least in 4 button games). I tried a japanese quiz game, button 4 does not respond at all.

But it works fine with FBA2X. Change the "Window:" option to avoid a truncated screen in CPS2 games. And here are my test results to check game compatibility.

It also works with the latest FBA port. But it's sill an early version and needs some improvement. Scaling isn't perfect yet.

Hello Yoshi!
Thank you very, very much for this info.
I just tried this out and it indeed works!
Just out of curiosity, Which "window" setting do you use? I found that HARDWARE and NO are working, but SOFTWARE not...
Thanks again! It really is guys like you that make this site and the caanoo so great!

FBA works very nicely, thanks again Yoshi... however, it appears as though there's no way to save as of now?

yimyim said:
Just out of curiosity, Which "window" setting do you use? I found that HARDWARE and NO are working, but SOFTWARE not...
Hmm. Software scaling works fine on my Caanoo, at least with the games I've tested. Wondering what that could be. I'm on firmware 1.6.1.

The Blipi0 said:
FBA works very nicely, thanks again Yoshi... however, it appears as though there's no way to save as of now?
Save states are unfortunately not supported by FBA2X, as well as pause (which I really miss). As far as I know, save states are only supported by the PC version of FBA.

PanMAME on the Pandora features save states. Let's see if mcobit is able to port it (with save state support).

Yoshi Dragon said:
Hmm. Software scaling works fine on my Caanoo, at least with the games I've tested. Wondering what that could be. I'm on firmware 1.6.1.

Just tried it again.... and it works! nice.
'Im on 1.0.6 btw

Back