Can't Save In Ur-quan Masters

I am the author of the latest port to the GP2X. Your post is unintelligible and doesn't make any effort to help me help you. Noone has ever reported a problem saving and I've never experienced it myself. I played through the whole game, too.

First, are you playing my port of the game or an older one by someone else? You can see a link to my version in my signature.

Second, if you are playing my port, have you suddenly encountered this problem after many weeks of playing or did you only just start playing and never were able to save?

Have you tried re-installing the game to another folder or onto another SD card and copying the saved games over?

Senor Quack said:
I am the author of the latest port to the GP2X. Your post is unintelligible and doesn't make any effort to help me help you. Noone has ever reported a problem saving and I've never experienced it myself. I played through the whole game, too.

First, are you playing my port of the game or an older one by someone else? You can see a link to my version in my signature.

Second, if you are playing my port, have you suddenly encountered this problem after many weeks of playing or did you only just start playing and never were able to save?

Have you tried re-installing the game to another folder or onto another SD card and copying the saved games over?
First, I am using version 1.1

Second, It is the first time I am playing it and I have never been able to save. So, I have no save games. I am keep the game inside of sd:games/uqm2x folder. Is this bad?

I would also like to note this game is insanely fun and I thank you for having a hand in porting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure there is a save/ folder in the root folder of the game.

You also see these folders beside it: content/ and uqm2xcfg_files/

If you are missing the save/ folder, it is likely because whatever program you extracted it with had a stupid option turned off to not extract empty folders. You can simply create the empty save/ folder yourself.

If this fails, try re-extracting the files using another program like 7zip. You can also try installing it to another SD card. Make sure your write protect tab on your SD card didn't somehow accidentally get flipped.

Be sure to install the optional voice pack as it adds a lot to the game:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sc2/uqm...ce.uqm?download

As well as the optional remixed music pack I put together (if you like):
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,2451

You can find instructions for installing both in the UQM2X readme file.

Lemme know if you need more help

Back