Cannot Get My Joystick Pad Off...

virtuahead

Still Fresh
I ordered a new joystick pad (the one that says GP2X on the face), but I cannot get the old one off. Is it glued on? I got the Value Pack GP2X, just got it a few weeks ago. I have pulled and tugged as hard as I can to get it off. Should I use pliers? I don't want to break the mechanism......

I have a First edition and the pad pops off when you look at it funny but I played with a Value Pack model in a MicroCenter store and the joystick didn't budge... I suspect they may be permanently attached but I could be wrong.

saehn said:
Try sending a private message to CraigIX, he's a dealer and should be able to help you.
Cool, I will. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
saehn said:
Try sending a private message to CraigIX, he's a dealer and should be able to help you.
Nope, no response from him. Does anyone else know for sure? Should I try to get it off, or is it perma mounted?

I recently got the GP2X value pack with an extra joystick cap included in the box. I also tried to get the original cap off but it feels quite stuck and I really dont dare to use much force on it. But there must be a way since the extra cap was included?

I don't think so. I got my value pack with the regular MK2 cap, and yes it was very tight, no way I could pull it off with my fingers. I used my teeth and it popped off.

I have this problem too, i got a new one with GP2X written on it in the box and with teh game i bought, i dont want to break it either, does anyone have any ideas, do i just pull on it, dont fancy having to use my teeh. the standard pad is hard to use as your fingers just slide off.

MagicFerret said:
I have this problem too, i got a new one with GP2X written on it in the box and with teh game i bought, i dont want to break it either, does anyone have any ideas, do i just pull on it, dont fancy having to use my teeh. the standard pad is hard to use as your fingers just slide off.
It should just slide up and off; it's just a plastic cap slid onto a small brass shaft ... please note the effort I put into both bolding AND italicising the word "should". ;)

Thansk for the fast reply, so does it just pull upwards then, here goes,. I will let you know if it works :)

It works LOL thanks, You just need guts hehehe now i can attact the better thumbpad; thanks again TelcoLou

Speaking of which - my GP2X-branded joypad works wells but it keeps popping off (opposite problem to the original post). I'm thinking about squirting some rubber cement into the joypad then sliding over the stick. Good idea? Should I use another type of glue?

Blue lock tight would be better, as although it will hold your cap inplace, it will also be possible to remove it again (given enough force).

Back