Cannot Delete Fsms32 Saves..

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
Sorry for spamming (2 posts today!!)

Trying to move stuff around on my SMC's and I can't delete / move / rename about 8 of the fSMS32 savestate files as the 3rd letter of the file extension is a square character or a square smiley character, like a crazy ascii code. Anyway, I can't delete the files from windows explorer, or from the command line - just says file not found...

any ideas?

ta muchly

This happend to me before.

It means your smc, or part of it atleast, is corrupted.

So what you need to do is backup everything on the SMC that you can onto your hard drive, reformat your smc, and then copy your stuff back on.

yeah that's what I thought I'd have to do, but there's no corruption in the filesystem, just illegal characters i the filename so it's not causing any damage. I'll just end up leaving it there then I guess... thanks for your input

I had the same problem with fgp32 savestates. I think I was able to delete them with Slubman`s Firmware explorer... not sure though...

I had the same problem last night, but with the DOOM folder. Windows explorer said it was 249GB's big! :blink: ...if only! When I looked inside it was full of files with wierd letters in the name, and some with no names. Like mentioned above, I just backed up what I could & re-formatted the SMC.

I also get corrupted saves in FSMS though. I realise its some sort of bug in it, but I was wondering if there is a pattern to it so I can back up before it happens? (like is it every tenth save or something?) Anyone noticed a pattern to it or is it random? :unsure:

Funkmeister_Smith posted on Mar 4 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
I had the same problem last night, but with the DOOM folder. Windows explorer said it was 249GB's big! :blink: ...if only! When I looked inside it was full of files with wierd letters in the name, and some with no names. Like mentioned above, I just backed up what I could & re-formatted the SMC.

I also get corrupted saves in FSMS though. I realise its some sort of bug in it, but I was wondering if there is a pattern to it so I can back up before it happens? (like is it every tenth save or something?) Anyone noticed a pattern to it or is it random? :unsure:

Wow that`s funny!

So we finally cracked the 128 mb limit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv'e got in the habit of backing up my SMCs when ever I make a change to them and once I've verified they are ok. After all, backing up all my SMCs takes about 1% of my hard drive space so it's not exactly a problem. It has saved me a lot of hassle in the past too.

Ever tried to format the SMC with PC-Link?

Back