Can You Use Files From The Original Game Cd's

jimboscoobiewagon

Still Fresh
Hi, sorry if this has been asked a 100 times b4, read lots of faqs, done searches here and on google and what i want to know is this, I am thinking of getting a gp32 166 blu and i have the original cd's of dott, sam n max, monkey islands, full throttle etc (pc versions) can I extract the files from these and play on the gp or do i have to hunt around on the web for roms? also how easy is it to do? thanks for the advice :) James

Hi, sorry if this has been asked a 100 times b4, read lots of faqs, done searches here and on google and what i want to know is this, I am thinking of getting a gp32 166 blu and i have the original cd's of dott, sam n max, monkey islands, full throttle etc (pc versions) can I extract the files from these and play on the gp or do i have to hunt around on the web for roms? also how easy is it to do? thanks for the advice :) James
Yes you can, it's very easy: the files are the same (except for the sound files). You can play without sound, find the talkie-versions (hunt for roms) or convert the sound-files to ogg.
I have the CD versions of most of these games but still downloaded the talkie-versions to play. It's not like they are that hard to find.
AFAIK Full Throttle doesn't work on the GP32 (shame, it's a great game).

Last edited by a moderator:
uhm you just have to rip/convert the audio, warez realy dosnt have any adventage over the original...

Back