Can you help me?

Jet

Still Fresh
Hello everyone!
I heard about device "MIU HDPC". This devace is little monster. HDPC have 1GhZ Atom processor and 4Gb DDr 2 (It is writting in prewiew ).
My question: What surprise have Pandora, which make us buy it but not HDPC?
I very like Pandora, but can I buy it generally?
I live in Russia.

Its something different.
It has a shorter battery life, its x86, it doesn't have game controls and it probably won't have its own open source community behind it.

http://gizmodo.com/371244/miu-hdpc-does ... ne-package

Seems to have some controls that could be used for gaming? Also they mention 7 hours for high use (that is what my netbook gets) and 90 (wtf?) hours on low power settings. I imagine that means stand-by mode... or something.

Anyways, the x86 isn't as efficient with battery life as ARM is. That is my understanding.

These are the advantages Pandora have
1. Pandora has Da Vinci therefore the ability to decode media content is more powerful. [Da Vinci Stated specs say h264 720p] (Not sure exactly which one Pandora is using)
2. Pandora uses Burr Brown therefore is a better audio player.
3. looks nicer.
4. Costs less.
5. Pandora is Open Source.

Some visible HDPC disadvantage
1. It is going to be crazy hard to type with the qwerty keyboard due to the placement (Just imagine)
2. You can't emulate much with 1GHz Atom without a proper discrete graphics processor.
3. The company is falling apart due to lack of funds.

But HDPC does have quite nice specs.

This is why I am fustrated about having to wait so long for the Pandora. Technology is moving so fast its hard to keep up. Fortuneatly its a brick phone weighing 387 grams so nobody would wanna be carrying that thing in their pocket. It can barely fit your hand, let alone your pocket. I understand that people might say that you couldn't fit a Pandora in your hand either but its a gaming console not a mobile phone. Even though the HDPC has TV and a external gps reciever, I think the Pandora in time, will be compatible with alot of these external accessories. In my opinion this phone looks really messy and complicated which seems to have buttons everywhere.

It's worth knowing I carried the Pandora in my jacket inside pocket to the pub yesterday, then carried it back.

I forgot it was there when I got in the house. It's very GP32 in size.

This is why i'm trying to get to more meetups, to show the real size. The Photos just don't do it justice.

craigix said:
This is why i'm trying to get to more meetups, to show the real size. The Photos just don't do it justice.

A much better way would be to get some Pandoras off the production line and sent out to customers :D

craigix said:

Give me a shout when your next in London. We can do a Gizmondo VS Pandora head to head :p

HDPC looks like its been beaten by the ugly stick, at least the pandora has some style and usablity taken into consideration. it will prolly suffer from very poor battery life too.

craigix said:
It's worth knowing I carried the Pandora in my jacket inside pocket to the pub yesterday, then carried it back.

I forgot it was there when I got in the house. It's very GP32 in size.

I'm kind of hoping it will fit in my shoulder pockets on my ACUs...
Acu_ir_closed.jpg

You can pre-order now or you can wait for the second batch, but you won't actually own a Pandora for some time no matter what you do.

I think it's openpandorasales@gmail.com? There should be a sticky thread around here somewhere, or try looking on pandorawiki for the "how to order" info.

Back