Can You Help Me Out With A Firmware Issue?

ste_167

Website
Visit site
I have a Japanese Firmware 1.0 PSP. Would there be any current benefits in updating to 1.50?

If so, what would be the best to do it? I'm concerned that downloadable firmware dumps on the internet may not be legitmate and could even be renamed 1.51's, which would screw up homebrew for me.

I've heard Coded Arms comes with the 1.50 update, but is it the Japenese or US firmware? Which if the two firmwares should I be going for anyway??

Hellllllllllp!!! :)

Benefits include:

It stores your video settings when you power off.
You can play 1.50 games.

erm...that's about it.

Coded Arms is only out in Japan I think, so it would be Japan.

Also, I dont think you can download a US 1.5 Update since all US PSPs already came with it.

I've got a 1.0 myself, but I htink I'll upgrade due to a lot of what I've been reading about 1.0 being different than 1.5x etc in regards to future development.

I dont think you can upgrade from firmware dumps, you need an update.

Where are you getting your update from?

I've only got the dump of it, I think. There's a guide on Lik-Sang on how to update the Firmware.. which folders to put it in and how to run it etc I'll check to find the Firmware address that I've favourited at home and link to it for you.

Do you know of any advantages in terms of emulators, in keeping 1.0?

btw, I think we'll miss Zenden this year, as he warms your bench

He might get more games than you tink, Rafa seems to be trying out the Riise at LB and Zenden at LW combination.

Dont think there's any difference between emus on 1.0 and 1.5. Exactly the same I believe.

Maybe he'll be more successful there for you. We played him on the LW originally and he became a boo-boy target for his performances. The next season Downing broke into the team for us and Zenden lost his place and moved into the middle and won the fans over. He's far better there, but I suppose if he has an attacking player alongside him in Gerrard (whereas we had a couple of defensive midfielders), you may see a different player.

I'm going to stick with 1.0 for now, it seems the differences are minor.

I assume so.

He started at LW last night with Riise at LB, but Rafa switched them in the second half.

He kept getting knocked over but delivered some excellent crosses...if only we had someone capable of knocking them in...

_40869193_crouch300.jpg

Christ.

Attachments

• _40869193_crouch300.jpg
    _40869193_crouch300.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 119
Back