Can We Use .srm Sav With Fgen And Opensnes0.3

can we use .SRM sav with fgen32(genesis) and opensnes0.3
i see .srm file on my card in snes directory but the game dont load it. just the savestate work. why the srm save dont work ??

the srm files are not active save state files. Those are running temp info files that just save game data. They are not real savestates.

Actuallt .srm files are copies of the built-in SRAM in the cart, so yes they're saves...
I know for sure that OpenSNES9Xgp supports sram (so does snes9xgp) but I can't remember if fGen32 does.

hookka you said:Actuallt .srm files are copies of the built-in SRAM in the cart, so yes they're saves...
I know for sure that OpenSNES9Xgp supports sram

Ok, but why i cant load it. when i play a rpg game i have to start at the beginning each time, because the game dont find any save.

and i dont want to use savestate, because when you load them the sound dissapear

To stop sound disappearing when using savestates, load a game, go to the sound menu (in the emu), and turn it on, then go back a menu and choose "save setting: this game". Then don't load a state where it was saved with sound off...

If you've been playing with sound off up to this point, get your characters to a save point, save, go to the menu, choose to go back to the rom selector (the one that says "SRAM is saved" after it, then load that game again. You save should show up to load, and thereafter savestates will probably work fine...

i tried a .srm savestate of chrono trigger by zophar on my opensnes0.2 and 0.3 and it works! When it load the rom and i put start it show me the savestates on the srm!!! It works!

Back