Can the Pandora play Sega CD games like Road Avenger & Cobra Command?

marioweezer

Still Fresh
Hi there. I've been out of the Pandora loop for a while now but I'm just wondering if there are any Mega CD / Sega CD emulators that can play games like Road Avenger, and Cobra Command?

Thanks for your help,

Rob.

Thanks everyone. I've tried PicoDrive 1.80 but it won't seem to play them even with 'Better Sync' on in the settings. Does anyone know how to get these games working?

EDIT: Actually scrap that! Just cleared my Appdata and now it's working! Thanks everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the CD games didn't work for me with this version of Picodrive so I had to use GINGE and older versions of Picodrive to make them work.

Don't remember which ones though.

All the pure FMV SegaCD games do not play well for me. However other games like  SonicCD, Batman Returns and Android Assault play very well .

Been playing these FMV games for a little while now and loading them is pretty temperamental. I'd advise loading to the bios screen, then using a save state. Then do the same when you get to the intro screen, etc, and loading your save state if it crashes. It seems that everything is fine once you're in-game...you just have to get there first!

Been playing these FMV games for a little while now and loading them is pretty temperamental. I'd advise loading to the bios screen, then using a save state. Then do the same when you get to the intro screen, etc, and loading your save state if it crashes. It seems that everything is fine once you're in-game...you just have to get there first!
In other words...put the FMV games in the bios folder? Then the 2 saves?

Funny to me how you have to do this procedure for these FMV only games [which I really never cared for anyhow] and other SEGA CD games play so well right from the main menu on either PicoDrive or MDemu. :huh:

Last edited:
Hmm, I might be missing something here but I can't get any of the FMV games to work in MD.emu. All other Sega CD games seem fine but things like Road Avenger display a black screen after the Bios (tried it in both .iso and .bin).

Are there any particular settings that you guys are using in MD.emu to get them working?

Hmm, I might be missing something here but I can't get any of the FMV games to work in MD.emu. All other Sega CD games seem fine but things like Road Avenger display a black screen after the Bios (tried it in both .iso and .bin).

Are there any particular settings that you guys are using in MD.emu to get them working?
Same problem here. :wacko:  those type games won't work on PicoDrive or MD.emu.

***marioweezer*** I thought you said you were able to play those FMV games in your previous post yesterday 1/5/13 @ 7:30pm??

Did I misread what you typed?

Last edited:
I tested quickly and yes, with 1.5.9.05 build of MD.emu, Road Avenger is just a black screen when FMV should start :(

I will try later, when I have 1.5.10 compiled, may be it's better (but I don't think)

Thanks ptitSeb - much appreciated :)

CocoCreekFisherman, the way I got these to work was deleting the 'PicoDrive' folder from AppData. The reason is that I noticed that I had a 'PicoDrive' folder as well as a 'PicoDrive 1.80' folder. I might be wrong but I think it was confusing the emulator - as soon as the old folder was deleted the FMV games started to boot up.

Make sure you copy your bios from the old folder before you delete!

As I mentioned though, the FMV games are pretty temperamental in PicoDrive. Getting into the game can be a pain with the frequent crashes so you'll need save states. As soon as you're in-game you're fine and I can now boot up 'Road Avenger' any time by loading the save state! :)

Hope this helps.

This has been a long running issue. I'm a fan of these games, and Sega CD was the only place to play them for a time(now just use PSXRearmed for your classic laser disc gaming needs, or DAPHNE). 

Road Avenger, Time Gal, and others worked in previous builds, but when Notaz would fix certain issues, it would break other things. One of those being the FMV games. I didn't know you could run this through Ginge, but that seems to be the best bet, as then you can run older builds when the games functioned properly, but I personally just run them in the PSX emu, as they look better, and run better on the PS1 anyways.

Chris

Nope won't play....I do get the opening SEGA CD start up screen, press start then nothing but black. This is for Road Avenger  .bin file.    I surrender. :(

but....I can get non FMV games to play on Ginge like Eco The Dolphin. :blink:   :huh:   :p ..plays perfectly.

Actually this whole process was a learning experience. I never knew you could play PicoDrive on Ginge let alone a Sega CD game. :lol:

Last edited:
I've tested with upcoming MD.emu 1.5.10.06, but the same, Sega Logo screen, then black screen when FMV should start :(

Back