Picodrive: Road Avenger, Cobra Command, Etc

marioweezer

Still Fresh
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find any threads about it. Is anyone able to get Road Avenger, Cobra Command, Masked Rider (i.e. FMV games) to work on Picodrive? I've tried various EU, USA, and JAP isos and although it loads the boot screen it doesn't get past the intro video.

On the PSP I had to enable 'Better Sync' under Options but even this doesn't work. I'm thinking it might be a bug in the emulator but I just thought I'd check first!

Thanks for your help :)

Those games worked in an earlier build of Picodrive(Gp2X version at least), but I believe they are all broke in the latest build. Notaz stated that for certain games to work, others stop working. These games happen to be in the now broken group.

I always hoped he could fix this as Road Avenger, Cobra Command, and Time Gal are some of my personal favs, but it has been a long time, and nothing has happened(at least to my knowledge).

Chris

EDIT:I do believe Dragon's Lair & Space Ace work though.

If this is a thread for Mega CD game fixes, could JAP Mega CD games please be looked at? ;)

Could GP2X Picodrive version work with GINGE ?

Some problems with JAP Games can be solved by converting them to US with ConvSCD. A friend of mine made Dennin Aleste work on Caanoo.

I tried Picodrive 1.32 GPX2 Version with Ginge and Cobra Command works.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/pico.php#GP2X

I try the others.

Edit :

Tried with Picodrive 1.33, 1.35, 140c, 1.50, 1.51, 1.55 with Cobra Command Ntsc and it worked.
Road Avenger too.

On 1.56, it freezes.

Time Gal runs on 1.32

Road Avenger and Nightrap works very well for me on Picodrive (by Notaz). Actually the only game that locks is Corpse Killer, though it freezes anyway in any other PC emulator. It might be a BIOS issues, does other games work for you?

Back