Can Someone Tell Me About Standby?

Voltage management and frequency management are two different methods of power management.

To my understanding, the Pandora currently only does frequency scaling.

BackAssward said:
See, that quote came after my question, and refutes Mali's false assumptions. I fully recognized it once it was posted.
OIC, you're quoting me to Mali. It sounded like the second half of your post was addressed to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BackAssward
I'm sorry that I crossed your path by replying to a post from you quoting me. Maybe you should make your questions more clear next time so that you don't confuse things like you did here by mixing frequency scaling with other power saving features.

I still don't get why you are so upset. You should try to get this under control, it makes communication easier if you are more patient.

Peace! :)

edit:
Here is a primer for you:
http://bec-systems.com/web/images/stories/doc/power_management.pdf

An interesting point -- opening the lid turning the screen on, but you're still in lower power mode. The question then becomes --

Since you enabled low power mode (using the power switch), thats the logical way to un-low power mode.

Two outcomes come to mind ..

When opening the lid, one of:
i) wake up from low power mode, or
ii) Don't turn the screen on when in low power mode

(or a variation of (ii) -- flash a warning "hey, I'm in lower power, bugger off, and hit the power switch")

I can code something in; probably occured due to in my prototype, I broke the power switch, so I didn't use low power mode near the end ;)

I've logged it to the bug tracker (attention to me), so we can review it when things settle down a bit.
http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=85

jeff

skeezix said:
When opening the lid, one of:
i) wake up from low power mode, or
ii) Don't turn the screen on when in low power mode

(or a variation of (ii) -- flash a warning "hey, I'm in lower power, bugger off, and hit the power switch")
iii) Make it configurable, with a sensible default (probably wake up from low power mode, it's the most intuitive IMHO).

It stands to reason that if someone opens the lid, it's their intention to use the device. I really can't think of any reason to stay in standby mode with the lid open.

If you want to hack it yourself - you can :)

check /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap for the lid:

13 [events]

14 # pass 'action code' to the script

15 # lid actions are: 1 lid-is-closing, 0 lid-is-opening

16 lid-toggle /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lid.sh

So notice /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lid.sh is being invoked, and being told if the lid is opening or closing. So you can tailor that script's behaviour.

Likewise in the eventmap conf:

9 power /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh 3

So when power switch is hit, op_power.sh is the one handling it.

You could do some simple tests if op_lid.sh, and call op_power.sh if you wanted.

jeff

Multiplex said:
BackAssward said:
See, that quote came after my question, and refutes Mali's false assumptions. I fully recognized it once it was posted.
OIC, you're quoting me to Mali. It sounded like the second half of your post was addressed to me.

Quoting someone, then replying to them is a regular thing. Then making a new paragraph and commenting to someone else is also a regular thing.

Edit @ Mali: You already admitted you are an unethical person (or at least, dishonest). That you freely lie in order to get things (willfully frying a motherboard, then making them give you a warranty replacement, for example). Don't make me have to go get the thread (where you altered your post to seem less like an ass). You cannot talk to me about patience; I have none for pricks.

Oh, I've missed your edit. I'd still be happy to recieve an apology from you regarding your false _extremely unfair_ accusation of having altered the content of a post in that blown-up thread back then. I have proven that I didn't alter said post by applying simple logic. You refused to answer my PM. But guess what, I don't expect an apology from you and I'll just forget it. You are an angry person and being angry is no good. Learn some relaxing techniques, mate. I could start to go down on your level and pick a fight, but while I'm a bit annoyed I still feel sorry for you.

If you wish to clean this up via PM, use that old PM about altering that post, cause my PM-box is currently full and I can't receive new coversations.

BackAssward posted on 28 May 2010 - 03:21 PM said:
Quoting someone, then replying to them is a regular thing. Then making a new paragraph and commenting to someone else is also a regular thing.

That`s as maybe, But it`s seem as though you had quoted the wrong person, Which happened to be Multiplex. Which gave the impression that you were firing your anger towards him and not the person you were meaning to. Which is why i chimed into this thread, As it was a rude and uncalled for response to the WRONG person, Not saying that mali should expect such a rude response either, But that is something you need to control, And need to sort out between you both.

Trooper

Back