Can Modded Blus Overclock Higher Than 166mhz?

Billy Lee

You know the 166MHz BLUs that GBAX sell? Can you overclock those even further or is that the highest they can go?

proboly not
If they are still selling 180 versions, then prolly not, because It appears that IF a BLU goes ove 166 then it goes 180
havnt seen too many BLU's in the 70's
but you might be able to mod it to go faster, but the mod only guarntees up to 166
its a guessing game

~Octavious

I thought that they just ran a clock speed tester program on them and the ones that did 166 didn't get moded and any thing under did.

Bourbon

I got my 166mhz from GBAX. It ran fine at 166mhz but no higher.

So I opened it and modded it myself. The motherboard hadn't been touched , so I assume mine was a 166mhz one out of the box.

Well anyway, mine goes to 200mhz now, but it did take me 3 different resistor combinations before I found the right combination to get it that high.

So I opened it and modded it myself. The motherboard hadn't been touched , so I assume mine was a 166mhz one out of the box.

Well anyway, mine goes to 200mhz now, but it did take me 3 different resistor combinations before I found the right combination to get it that high.

Which ones did you use????

Last edited by a moderator:

Which ones did you use????

Seconded! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
To those asking about the resistors. I can't recall , I'd have to open it up and look. But it wasn't any of the pairs reccomended on the overclocking site. It was a different combination. I think it may have been 330,000 and 270,000 together.

And the funny thing is I did a Flu also, and had to use a different combination on it, because the combination for the Blu wouldn't even do 166mhz on the Flu.

And the highest I could et the Flu was 200mhz on the clocktester and 188mhz i OpenSnes.

Back