Can I Wee In My Gp2x

andyB911 said:
On the subject of cheap 4GB SD cards, not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place but its really hard to find cheap 4gb sd cards that aren't SDHC. In fact its hard to find them at any price via my usual sites (such as 7dayshopper, mobymemory etc)

Oddly 4gb SDHC are now really cheap (cheaper than non-HC) and even 8gb SDHC cards are reasonable (but currently useless for us).

Anybody in the UK found a good source of online (ie not dodgy shop :p ) 4GB SD cards?
http://www.mymemory.co.uk That's where I bought my regular 4GB for £17 but looks like they have increased the price :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Drat, I've been working in bloody Middlesbrough today, would definitely have checked that out. I try to get up there as little as possible. :D

I wouldn`t buy that cheap SD cards anyway... I bet they are slow as hell (same goes for usb memory sticks)

Quiest said:
I wouldn`t buy that cheap SD cards anyway... I bet they are slow as hell (same goes for usb memory sticks)
Maybe not ...

PcPro (issue 154, Aug 2007) tested a bunch of SD cards and the results didn't match the rated speeds (or costs)

All cards tested had a similar read speed (~9Mb/s) but the write speeds ranged from 3Mb/s to 8Mb/s
The fastest at writing (8.2Mb/s) was a Lexar Pro 133x
But the Fujifilm 60x wasn't as far behind (7.4Mb/s) as the rating would suggest
And the Transcend 150x was a little behind this, even. (7.2Mb/s)

They picked two cards .. Lexar Pro 133x (write speed 8.2Mb/s) and Kingston Standard (write speed 4.1Mb/s) and started continuous shooting.
The Kingston got 1.4fps, the Lexar 2fps

PcPro Conclusion said:
Our tests show that high-speed media can speed up the process of getting photos onto your computer, but only if you have a suitable card reader or a 'fast' camera.
And if you value rapid-fire shooting, high speed media can help, but the difference isn't huge and, again, you need a camera that's quick enough to take advantage of it.
The effective gap between the fastest and the slowest is nowhere near what the marketing people would have you believe, and even the cheapest SD is fine for short bursts.

bacteria said:
In regards to your topic title, you can't wee in your GP2x much, not much space in there. A bit smelly too, and likely to fry the mobo...
Yeah, the title is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally misleading. :lol:

Back