Can I Get A New D-pad

scraggy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all
I don't know if you can help me, does anyone know if it is possible to get a new d-pad for a gp2x f100(B)
I have have it appart and it's an easy enough repair, but don't know if it's possible to get one.
Many thanks.

I think we need more information. Are you talking about an already modded F100 with a d-pad (directional pad like on the gameboy) or are you referring to the stick?

Installing a new stick can be hard. It depends on what is broken. If the stickcap itself is just busted, you can probably still get some caps from someone on the forum. If it is the microswitches on the board, I really don't know if you can get that replaced. Also you would need to desolder it and solder a new microswitch thingy in.

Can you post some pictures maybe? Or describe the problem with a little more detail?

It's one of the gp2x's with a stick, but the whole unit inside has broke, it has around 14 solder tags on it which is no problem to repair.
I have put it back together for now, but will stripp it down again tommorow and take some shots of it.

Ah okay... so pretty much what I was assuming. Well, I really don't know if the basis of the stick can be replaced so easily. If you are good at soldering it shouldn't be too hard though.

I don't know if there is any spare sticks for sale. I would ask craigix if he has got some lying around or maybe EvilDragon. Both of them are resellers for the gp2x.

If they don't have any, try the marketplace section of the forum and ask for a broken unit, with the stick intact. Maybe someone can sell you their broken gp2x for a couple of quid and you can use it for spare parts. I have seen people give away their broken gp2x for free so someone else could repair theirs.

You could just mod an actual D pad on instead of dealing with a new stick.

Back