Cable Tv Out Photo

but if it as the botton. when u plug it into the TV, it would be upside down

Depends on how you think about holding it. I think the bottom placement is good, once the usb power issue is resolved it would be cool to hook up a couple of USB gamepads to it and play on them instead of the main unit. (at which point it really wouldn't matter which way it's facing)

if was just afraid they would come out of the side were the usb connector is..

On the image from gp32z.com it looks like stereo audio to me.

The cable is really short. I guess it ist just a "gp2x" to s-video adaptor and you'll need an extension in order to use it for other things than watching a move.

That would make it a bit more expensive because those cables are not that cheap (at least in our hardware store). I will also need a s-video to scart adaptor for another 10EUR. Oh, almost forgot the sound cable but I guess there are some left in the closet.

cya, dedeibel

what i hate is that you won't be able to watch videos with you friend on tv, since you can't output sound to the console to the television. :(

It would have rocked to hear my mp3s with my Big speakers too...

Cahaz posted on Oct 11 2005 at 03:29 PM said:
what i hate is that you won't be able to watch videos with you friend on tv, since you can't output sound to the console to the television. :(

And Why not?:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...ct%5Fid=12-2057

Over priced but you get the point. (You can output sound to television)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes just buy this cable or wire it on your own. should get a vable which does the same, but doesnt look that expensive, for less than 2€ or something like that.

The gp32z shot looks like S-video and RCA audio exept that with stereo audio you want them red and white coded so you get the channels correct the first time every time. Also most RCA cables are double male so you would prefer females on this cable like you see on all audio devices.

Cahaz posted on Oct 12 2005 at 06:29 AM said:

Why not? The cable has S-Video and stereo RCA audio plugs. That's video and audio.

Digital Awakening posted on Oct 12 2005 at 12:24 AM said:
The gp32z shot looks like S-video and RCA audio exept that with stereo audio you want them red and white coded so you get the channels correct the first time every time. Also most RCA cables are double male so you would prefer females on this cable like you see on all audio devices.

Damn, you're right. My cables are like that. Needs a switch or something... :(

Maybe tell GPH, aswell? ;)

slygamer posted on Oct 11 2005 at 10:37 PM said:
Cahaz posted on Oct 12 2005 at 06:29 AM said:

Why not? The cable has S-Video and stereo RCA audio plugs. That's video and audio.

yeah, and even if it didn't, there are headphone(stereo mini) to rca adapters everywhere. besides, most sound systems have headphone in

and yes, the bloody cables should be female!! most rca cables are double male like you pointed out

Just had a thought, a couple of months ago I was thinking of putting a PC in my car so I could play DivX movies Mp3s etc. I ditched the idea due to powering the thing would mean some wiring to the car battery, igintion etc, stuff I don't know how to do and lack the time to learn.

Now with the GP2X having TV out, (and later, possibly an external HDD) I could hook it up to a small TFT monitor easily without any hefty modding and rewiring. Not to mention it would fit in any glovebox. The only thing that would be lacking is a control interface such as touchscreen...

no, i know all about small form factor pc's ....they're still "big ol'" :lol:
j/k, i hate my massive tower and regret not going sff

edit:
n/m, those machines are incredibly small!

Back