Caanoo Exposed :)

dgame said:
EvilDragon said:
. . .
The Pandora section might probably disappear though an just link to the appstore.
There are things in the Pandora archive that are not in the "appstore."

They will be moved there.

Do the Canoo's rear mounted speaker project sound away from you?

I haven't tested that exactly, but I think they are louder on the back and therefore sound away from me, yes.

Last edited:
So evil dragon would it be a good idea now to put the caanoo archive up now so developers can start porting some wizz stuff over now atleast we will have a few good emu when it is launched what you think? anyways looking farward to my caanoo comming soon and then my pandora in oct nov i hope batch 2 que 90-120

jutley said:
So evil dragon would it be a good idea now to put the caanoo archive up now so developers can start porting some wizz stuff over now atleast we will have a few good emu when it is launched what you think? anyways looking farward to my caanoo comming soon and then my pandora in oct nov i hope batch 2 que 90-120

if you show the developers where they can get an appropriate toolchain to compile?

Last edited by a moderator:
crow_riot said:
jutley said:

if you show the developers where they can get an appropriate toolchain to compile?
toolchain? well i have one in my garage they can use ;)

crow_riot said:
Any 'developer' with half a brain cell should have no trouble figuring out how to compile for the Caanoo: just download crosstool-ng and build your own EABI toolchain, it'll only take 15 minutes and it is really easy to do. I've never understood all the pining after an 'official SDK', it is nothing more than you can build yourself with very little effort - certain people latched onto it and built it up to be this magical, wonderful, holy thing which was meant to cure all ills, when it was only ever going to be a cross compiler bundled with SDL and the OpenGL library.

Orkie said:
crow_riot said:
Any 'developer' with half a brain cell should have no trouble figuring out how to compile for the Caanoo: just download crosstool-ng and build your own EABI toolchain, it'll only take 15 minutes and it is really easy to do. I've never understood all the pining after an 'official SDK', it is nothing more than you can build yourself with very little effort - certain people latched onto it and built it up to be this magical, wonderful, holy thing which was meant to cure all ills, when it was only ever going to be a cross compiler bundled with SDL and the OpenGL library.
Well thats it then maybe this is enough proof to launch the caanoo archive now so developers can start converting the caanoo looks very promising indeed and theres more to the caanoo that meets the eye trust me it has a few tricks up its sleeave.

Orkie said:
crow_riot said:

well as lazy i am, i'm using the openwiz toolchain since ever. it has worked perfectly for me. it was you who made that, right? thanks for that :)

i'm really expecting a toolchain to be released from GPH. i wanna use rumble feature, maybe the g-sensor, too. so how do you expect that to work by just compiling a toolchain that has no idea about that?

GPH has shown that they have a working toolchain for the caanoo, since they have recompiled mame4all with g-sensor support. and they should release that now, it's nothing more i want.

jutley said:
Well thats it then maybe this is enough proof to launch the caanoo archive now so developers can start converting the caanoo looks very promising indeed and theres more to the caanoo that meets the eye trust me it has a few tricks up its sleeave.
What? Why does there need to be a file archive for development to start happening? The archive can be launched when units start to ship.

I don't expect it to magically work, but the Pollux databook is out there, and I suspect it will be fairly trivial to get the two of them working. Anyway, the question was about getting it up for early ports - which presumably won't use the extra features anyway (also, this must be the third or fourth time I've seen you asking after this bloody official SDK :p).

quote said:
jutley said:
What? Why does there need to be a file archive for development to start happening? The archive can be launched when units start to ship.
SO the ports that have been recompiled can be archives for us waiting to download before the release of the unit.

I too need a "toolchain." I'm not a "low-level dev." I like working with game mechanics, not blit optimizing, mesh-loading or library compiling. I am the type that prefers to use the libs instead of compiling them :) Give me some libs and a cross-compiler, i'll give you some games.

Not that i want everything served to me. I'm just saying where my interest (and talent) lays.

/Uni

Back