Caanoo Analogue Stick Floppy, Not Centring [Solved]

Haha, wonderful. Ok I did get it open, thank you for the tip on opening near the SD card. The metal bracing on the switch was indeed broken, and I'll have to replace the switch. For now I decided to close it back up until the part arrives, but in closing it, I accidentally broke the power switch. The orange plastic part is fine, but I'll have to replace the actual switch component it connects to.

Any idea which component to order for the power switch?

Also for the thumbstick, do I want the 254TA103B50B or the 254TA103B50B-ND?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/254TA103B50B/254TA103B50B-ND/1755918?cur=USD

Update...
The power switch works fine.

The joystick almost works right, but it seems to be always pushing down. It will not respond to up, and in the button check app it shows that the joystick is always pointing down. If I point left or right, it displays as diagonal left or diagonal right, but on release quickly snaps back to the down position. Something must be closing the down circuit.

Anyone have any ideas which connector pins do what on the joystick?

I figured out the joystick and mapped the connectors to what each should do. However, even with the joystick removed from the board, when I power the Caanoo on, it still behaves as though the down button is being continually pressed. I don't see any solder bridges on the board, so I'm having a tricky time trying to figure out why it's behaving this way. Has anyone run into similar problems?

cmunoz said:
I figured out the joystick and mapped the connectors to what each should do. However, even with the joystick removed from the board, when I power the Caanoo on, it still behaves as though the down button is being continually pressed. I don't see any solder bridges on the board, so I'm having a tricky time trying to figure out why it's behaving this way. Has anyone run into similar problems?
the speakers in the back might be putting pressure against the board, at least that's what happened to me.

Back